2002 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews 7

2002 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Not Bad but could improve
By MajorTom on 12/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

The vehicle is strong, quick and quiet. The feel is very solid. Put in a good stereo system and you will enjoy driving this vehicle even on the long trips. This is a very dependable and quiet truck.

Toyota Tundra
By Buelna on 12/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Great power, fast but has a hard time with extremely over capicity loads.....only in handling....not power....Truck is solid.....great power......super engine.....smooth to drive.......will only buy toyota from now on...

So far so good!!
By Mike in Florida on 12/17/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned many trucks beofre but this is my first Toyota product. Great ride and feel. Love the power. I would buy another one if I had to.

Great Truck
By edjak on 12/15/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

The reliability and quality of Toyota stands out in this truck.

Bought American Made
By flyfisher on 12/12/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

They don't get any better than this. Worry free transportation. I'm done with the so called big three.

oh what a feeling
By lauferdm on 12/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

i took my 2wd up a steep and muddy dirt road in Crown King AZ on a rainy day and the limited slip was amazing. i even purposely stoped on a nice grade and started up again and tthe tires didn`t even spin and both had traction! it felt like my 2 previous 4wd tacomas. GREAT TRUCK

2002 Tundra Review by Engineer
By Fowler Toyota on 11/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

The 2002 Tundra with the 4.7 Liter v8 engine has more than adequate power and acceleration with an automatic transmission. Fuel mileage averages 19 mpg with no loads and approximately 60/40 highway/city miles. Braking is the best of any vehicle I have driven. HVAC is excellent. Controls are simple to use and those features which are automatic such as automatic headlights off when door is opened are desirable but not

Make Ford owners jealous
By SGT A on 11/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have had a Ford and a Chevy, and I know two many dodge owners to get one my self. In the short time, I have owned my Toyota it beats the others without trouble. The ride is great and the placement of the controls is right on.

My 2000 &2002 Tundra
By John Le on 11/08/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

The Toyota Tundra is a really nice truck that can handle pretty much anything. I owned a 2000 Toyota Tundra (36,000)then I got the 2002 Tundra that now only have 5000 miles(Nov.6 02) and this time I got the 4x4 which really works well. I plan to put on a 3-4 inch lift kit for the suspension and other things to it but so far the only problem I had witht he Tundra was on the 2000 which had a belt bigger than it was made for so it made little nosies.

02 sr5 trd v8
By Lauferdm on 09/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

GREAT TRUCK!!! this is my 4th toy truck since 88 and they have all been great. I sell cars so i test drive many and the big3 has NOTHING on the tundra! I replaced the stock 2 1/4 inch pipe with a 3 inch and a magnaflow muffler WOW GREAT SOUND!!!! also k&n drop in filter. 10% more horse i assume (25)