2002 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Very Happy w/ My '02 Tundra
By 1968 Camaro Conv on 06/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

When Toyota first advertised the new '00 Tundra, what interested me was the emphasis placed on the Tundra’s new I-Force V8 engine. After waiting two years and tracking the success of the Tundra, I decided to test drive this truck and immediately knew that this was a well build truck. I’ve driven this truck across the USA with no problems. I also have used this truck to haul wood and for towing. The 4X4 works well both off- road and on wet/snow covered pavement. The anti-locking brakes also works well on icy and gravel roads. I highly recommended the anti-locking brakes. I’m very pleased with this truck and will buy another Tundra.

big bang
By omfsdoc on 05/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Had my Tundra struck from behind while stopped at a red light. Causing complete destruction of the offending 2002 Chevy Envoy. The Tundra had to have a new bumper and and the bed repaired, but no damage to the heavy frame or the rest of the truck. You could not imagine that these two vechicles were in the same accident. As the state trooper said...I'm going to by a Tundra next time I need a truck.

Toyota Tundra 2002
By troy slicker on 05/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Excellent fullsize truck, with excellent build quaility. I would buy another in a heart beat.I live Arizona and the summers are hot and A.C. is excellent. If you buy Tundra get the V8 you will be happy.

Great truck!
By mustafa on 04/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

This truck is great! The only regret I have about buying it, is that I chose the V6 model (I have to go to school, SDSU, which is 35 miles away, each way). I would strongly suggest the consumer to buy the V8 iforce model. Anyways, this truck is awesome, I hope to trade it in for the 2004 model, which is improved greatly. The back seats are enlarged.

Toyota Tundra Fan
By oregon-agates on 04/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

We went from a Camry to the full sized Tundra. The truck is every bit as comforatble and easy to drive as the Camry is. What an engine. Very smooth and powerfull. Reminds me of the 1950's and 60's V8 era. As far as the back seat goes, it is comforatble for short (less than 500 miles) trips. The bed is shallow but for city truckers that is fine. I would say we will buy another but this one will probably last forever.

Tundra the Titan
By ncgent on 01/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have had this Tundra since last August, over 9500 miles on it. I have pulled a 20' boat - no problems - I did not spend the extra 3500 for 4WD, but did get the limited-slip diff., and it helps alot pulling my boat up a ramp. Runs flawlessly, plenty of "gitup and go" even with a full load. Its quiet with superb road- manners. I checked out the F-150, Dodge, and Chevy, quality and reliability of the Toyota speaks for itself. Glad I chose the Toyota!It is pleasing to the eye inside and out, good ergodynamics, incredibly comfortable around town and on road trips. The Tundra is a Titan among pickups!

love this truck
By Shaun L on 12/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned both Ford and Dodge trucks/ cars. This Tundra is by far the best built most refined by far. Not one problem or complaint yet. I have never had to make a trip to the dealership for any work, unlike every other new vehicle I have owned. From here on out I am a Toyota or Lexus owner. Good Job Toyota!!

Typically Toyota
By kwjones on 12/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is a "Limosine in Trucks Clothing" The Tundra is typically Toyota in quality and reliability. It does everything you expect it to do, and does it very well. The Tundra has one of the highest crash ratings in the light truck industry, and that proved to be very important to me, when another driver passed out at the wheel and hit me nearly head on. I walked away from the almost totaled Tundra, and immediantly bought another one. Thanks Toyota for making it "one tough truck".

toyota tundra 4x4 ltd acess cab-
By bigdoggie on 12/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

MY 2002 tundra LTD access cab 4x4 seemed solid . The vehicle developed a pronounced vibration in front axle. This would vibrate floor boards and control pedals. The vibration would go away after vehicle was driven for 10 minutes or if 4 wheel drive was engaged. The dealer said problem was tires (bf goodrich rugged trail265/70/16). I told him to replace tires , he said this would not help- huh? The vehicle would wander all over the highway at 60mph and over! The seats were very uncomfortable (leather captains chairs) little or no lumbar support. The fold down armrests were too short - my arm kept falling off.

Not Bad but could improve
By MajorTom on 12/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

The vehicle is strong, quick and quiet. The feel is very solid. Put in a good stereo system and you will enjoy driving this vehicle even on the long trips. This is a very dependable and quiet truck.