2002 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
The perfect Alaskan Truck
By tundra on 06/28/05 19:18 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Simply put, my Tundra is a damn good vehicle. It works well in snow, mud, gunk and on highways that have pavement.

Awesome Truck
By George on 06/14/05 18:48 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I drive 100 miles a day to and from work. Not one problem. I love this truck and see it going 200000 easy. Great power, comfort. I raised the front 1.5 inches to level the truck out, added Mickey Thompson wheels, Indy Firehawk tires and a hard tonneau and I have a clean, dependable ride. I have and will reccommend this truck to any and all that will listen. Buy one. The new 4 doors have room mine doesnt. BUY ONE

Tundra
By ken steel on 06/06/05 10:14 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Excellent standing start acceleration, with enough power to put a smile on your face. It hauls more than enough for most weekend warriors, and gets me in and out of the back roads here in northern British Columbia with confidence.

Happy with My Tundra
By Jango Barks on 05/25/05 16:35 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my Tundra following a terrible front-end collision. Well beyond its crash rating, my Tundra meets my needs beautifully.

02 Toyota Tundra 4WD Limited V*
By Rick on 02/16/05 13:25 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Best truck I've ever owned. Rides great, handles great.

3 years later and still in love
By Sam on 02/08/05 01:58 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I've had a great experience in the time i've spent with my Tundra. Its a tad smaller than the "Big 3" trucks, but i'm willing to sacrifice a little space for insanely superior build quality. The interior has picked up a few rattles, but ones that are easily located and silenced. The engine butter- smooth and is holding up well, although I don't have many miles on it. It also has surprising pep with "only" 245 Horsepower. The ride is near luxo-car smooth also. My friends always comment on how smooth the truck is. If you need to haul heavy loads however, look elsewhere. But for weekend trips to home depot, or for pulling a small boat, (under 7,000 .lbs) this truck does its job and then some.

2002 Tundra Limited
By Kurt Scrudato on 01/31/05 18:46 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

The truck is awesome! Ride is quiet and stable. It can still be thrown into hard turns. Great motor with great power and response. 105 mph possible and quick. A blast to drive and never complains. It pulls heavy loads pretty well. Simple 4wd button. The best seats I have ever had. Would like more features like Nav and heated seats. AC is the only thing that could be strengthed. An A++ in my book.

Tundra Test
By Sid Smith on 05/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra 2dr Regular Cab 2WD LB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

I have the basic model of truck. It is very reliable with no mechanical faults to this point.The only thing, which is minor would be the pop-up drink holder stopped working. This seem like a small thing until the Toyota dealership quoted me $170.00 for the replacement part. Overall, I am delighted with the Tundra full size truck. The comfort level over my Nissan truck (the Frontier) is Night and Day.The cupholder upsets me because I am spoiled by the quality and reliablity of my Toyota truck.I would buy another Toyota truck if that time ever comes.That's just the way it is. Best Regards, Sid Smith

One of the best truck ever
By pipi on 05/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This truck seen small truck but has more power and better handling that tha big one. I Own a 2001 f-150 before I bought this truck and there no compare this truck is 110 % better.

Telling it like it is!
By ChrisBRLA on 05/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Great Trucks! Not a truck designed to be the biggest or the strongest on the market. If a person is looking for a truck that is comfortable to drive and built to work hard and last a long time, then this is the one for you. Fuel economy is in line with the others, toyota trucks are not the gas sippers that people think they are! I- Force V8 is a good motor, smooth, strong power delivery, I pull 20' HD trailer with 5500 LB tractor no problem.