2002 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
So far so good!!
By Mike in Florida on 12/17/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned many trucks beofre but this is my first Toyota product. Great ride and feel. Love the power. I would buy another one if I had to.

oh what a feeling
By lauferdm on 12/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

i took my 2wd up a steep and muddy dirt road in Crown King AZ on a rainy day and the limited slip was amazing. i even purposely stoped on a nice grade and started up again and tthe tires didn`t even spin and both had traction! it felt like my 2 previous 4wd tacomas. GREAT TRUCK

2002 Tundra Review by Engineer
By Fowler Toyota on 11/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

The 2002 Tundra with the 4.7 Liter v8 engine has more than adequate power and acceleration with an automatic transmission. Fuel mileage averages 19 mpg with no loads and approximately 60/40 highway/city miles. Braking is the best of any vehicle I have driven. HVAC is excellent. Controls are simple to use and those features which are automatic such as automatic headlights off when door is opened are desirable but not

02 sr5 trd v8
By Lauferdm on 09/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

GREAT TRUCK!!! this is my 4th toy truck since 88 and they have all been great. I sell cars so i test drive many and the big3 has NOTHING on the tundra! I replaced the stock 2 1/4 inch pipe with a 3 inch and a magnaflow muffler WOW GREAT SOUND!!!! also k&n drop in filter. 10% more horse i assume (25)

brand new v8
By gatorman on 08/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

love my new tundra, had a tacoma double cab with the v6 but it just did not have the spunk to pull my 3800lb travel trailer with ease. No problem with the v8 in my tundra but i do miss that back seat. O WELL we can not have everything maybe next year they will come out with true four tundra.

My new Tundra review
By changsteven on 06/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I just picked up my 02 tundra in Thunder Grey a week ago. I am very satisfied so far. This truck will hold a great resale value and is known for reliability. Be prepared to spend money for gas.

VALVE TRAIN NOISE!!!!!!!!
By rrcarson on 06/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

nasty sounding valve train noise at start ups even for short time after driving, possibly a lifter???? any solutions contact me,please. DEALER IS NO HELP!!??? why can't they hear it??? funny huh??? only 34,000 miles, come on Toyota, step up to the plate here...whats wrong with all are trucks???? all I want is the noise fixed is that so much to ask???

Can't beat Toyota Reliability
By Rush PIKE on 06/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

With all truck prices costing about the same (not too big of a difference), the reliability of a Toyota is what attracted me to this truck. I bought it on Memorial Day, trading in my 1996 Camaro RS. It was quite a change, but I am glad I made it. The large ground clearance is phenomenal and I actually find it harder to go the speed limit than I did in the Camaro! An unbelievably smooth ride for a truck, and an overall great vehicle.

Lexus Truck
By john melendez on 06/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

The Toyota Tundra TRD V8 access cab is by far the nicest, best performing and most comfortable pick up I've owned. I've owned every pick up model exept Dodge and will never own a pick up again that is not a Toyota. I think they should put leather seats in them and sell them under the Lexus name; they are that good. Only complaint is the front rotors warped after 8k miles, but that was covered under warranty. May I say again, if your buying a pick up, get a Toyota....... John Melendez, Austin, TX

Great Truck
By Henry007 on 06/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Just moved from Seattle to Fort Myers Florida..3200 miles! Pull a UHaul and had a hard time keeping the truck under 70!!