Used 2002 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

My Tundra
By scottd

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

7 years and the truck looks brand new! Standard Lexus engine was a dream in this truck. No repairs have been needed, only one set of tires and 3 new batteries (eats them up for some reason?). Mileage, I'm still getting 21 mpg around town and 28 highway! Would have to offer me a lot to trade, all new trucks can't come close.

Great mileage, no repair problems and paint still looks new.

Electric seat adjustment would be okay.

Good Value, Great Ride for a Truck!!
By pepjrp

2002 Toyota Tundra 2dr Regular Cab 2WD LB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

This truck drives and rides great, much better than most in this category. I use it for light hauling, mostly yardwork and home remodeling supplies. It really fits this need very well. I would not want to tow a very big trailer with the V6 though. Interior is great, good design, fit and finish. Plenty of room for my family of 3.

Ride, handling, simplicity of design inside and out.

More torque from the V6, and better than 18 mpg. Power locks and windows should be standard.

2002 Tundra SR5
By Hardball

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Very reliable truck. I have had problems with front brake rotors warping. Currently on my 4th set of rotors. Other than rotors warpping the build quality has been excellent. The truck is 5 years old and still is in excellent condition. Current mileage is 86,000.

Build quality and reliability.

Better brake system. Heavier payload capacity.

Nice Truck
By Sidney

2002 Toyota Tundra 2dr Regular Cab 2WD LB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

Excellent to this date. I have replaced the oil every 6000 miles, brakes as needed along with the air filter. The spark plugs were replaced at 120,000 to be safe. The Toyota is better than my smaller Nissan truck in gas mileage and comfort. It is worth the price difference.

Durability.

These days any mileage improvement in MPG would be great.

Best Truck Made
By nole795

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have had my Tundra for 2 years. Smartest buy I ever made. It will even outlast my wife :). I was skeptical buying a used truck from a lot but the Tundra really is a great ride. It has power. You really feel safe in the truck in the TX storms. I've never brought it for service except for one recall and oil changes. If your in the market for a reliable used truck that can do the "job" then the Tundra should be on the top of your list. You wont be disappointed.

The smooth ride, low wind noise, acceleration, and the overall build and look of the truck. I love the excess space you can make when you fold the back seats up for space, as well as the hidden compartments below the back seat. Gotta love those suicide doors.

I average 14 mpg in the truck, but hey it is a V8 so I expected it. My only qualms is that I like to rest my arm on the window frame. The Tundra window frame is very thin and uncomfortable for those wanting the "trucker tan." Back seats are not the most comfortable.