3 years later and still in love
By Sam on
2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)
I've had a great experience in the time i've spent with my Tundra. Its a tad smaller than the "Big 3" trucks, but i'm willing to sacrifice a little space for insanely superior build quality. The interior has picked up a few rattles, but ones that are easily located and silenced. The engine butter- smooth and is holding up well, although I don't have many miles on it. It also has surprising pep with "only" 245 Horsepower. The ride is near luxo-car smooth also. My friends always comment on how smooth the truck is. If you need to haul heavy loads however, look elsewhere. But for weekend trips to home depot, or for pulling a small boat, (under 7,000 .lbs) this truck does its job and then some.
Favorite Features
Love the build quality. TRD (Toyota Racing Development) Parts look/feel/sound great. Great road feel, weighted steering. Sweet engine, loves to rev and sounds great doing so.
Suggested Improvements
Rear Disc Brakes (even though it stops on a dime already). Interior clock should be up at eye level instead of down at the bottom of the center stack. Could use a bit more power, especially to keep up with todays trucks (i.e. Hemi).