2002 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Good Value, Great Ride for a Truck!!
By pepjrp on 06/06/07 17:05 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra 2dr Regular Cab 2WD LB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

This truck drives and rides great, much better than most in this category. I use it for light hauling, mostly yardwork and home remodeling supplies. It really fits this need very well. I would not want to tow a very big trailer with the V6 though. Interior is great, good design, fit and finish. Plenty of room for my family of 3.

2002 Tundra SR5
By Hardball on 12/12/06 08:37 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Very reliable truck. I have had problems with front brake rotors warping. Currently on my 4th set of rotors. Other than rotors warpping the build quality has been excellent. The truck is 5 years old and still is in excellent condition. Current mileage is 86,000.

Nice Truck
By Sidney on 11/25/06 10:36 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tundra 2dr Regular Cab 2WD LB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

Excellent to this date. I have replaced the oil every 6000 miles, brakes as needed along with the air filter. The spark plugs were replaced at 120,000 to be safe. The Toyota is better than my smaller Nissan truck in gas mileage and comfort. It is worth the price difference.

Best Truck Made
By nole795 on 10/28/06 23:15 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have had my Tundra for 2 years. Smartest buy I ever made. It will even outlast my wife :). I was skeptical buying a used truck from a lot but the Tundra really is a great ride. It has power. You really feel safe in the truck in the TX storms. I've never brought it for service except for one recall and oil changes. If your in the market for a reliable used truck that can do the "job" then the Tundra should be on the top of your list. You wont be disappointed.

V6 powerhouse AT smooth ride
By carb1776 on 10/21/06 20:29 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra 2dr Regular Cab 2WD LB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

Truck rides like a Camry. V6 is more than enough power to drive straight up inclines in Vermont hills! MPG 21 or better if you drive the speed limit. I have only changed the oil. My first truck, would buy again! Toyota quality and great resale market for this truck. Lot's of room for a very tall guy.

Great Pickup!
By I Vernon on 10/03/06 04:14 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra 2dr Regular Cab 2WD LB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

I got the stripped model 2DR V6, A/C, roll-up windows, no cruise control, approx. $18,500. This is really a fantastic vehicle except for one nagging problem. The front brake rotors consistently become warped from overheating about every 20,000 miles. The so-called fix is to buy new star adjusters for the rear drum brakes. This does not solve the problem, and Toyota refuses to issue a recall notice or assist owners with this problem. They just sell the star adjustors which do not solve the problem. In standing behind their product, Toyota is becoming more like the U.S. auto producers!

Would Buy Again
By Joe Kot on 08/01/06 13:51 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Best driving I've had with a truck or a car. Would like better gas mileage, but it is one of the best in its class. Would definitely buy again. Great truck.

Tundra
By Limited on 06/12/06 12:32 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Great overall truck reliable and comfortable unless your in the back seat. The motor has ample power but Toyota has improved on that too. You can't go wrong.

A Great Truck
By Hadawn on 06/12/06 09:20 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck new in Sept. 2001. It now has 64K and it still runs like it is brand new. I have had very few problems. I would recommend this truck to anyone. I had to have the O2 sensors replaced (recall) and the lower ball joints replaced (recall). The driver's sideview mirror had to be replaced because it rattled (under warranty). The only thing that I've had to pay for is the interior light switch on the driver's side. It was only $100.00. The dealership has always been very helpful and friendly. There are no squeaks or rattles anywhere. This truck was built to last. The engine is very smooth, responsive and quiet. The V8 engine is amazing.

Love IT!!
By Nick Ramos on 03/31/06 03:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I Love my Tundra and would like to be buried with it. After having this truck I feel really weird going on the highway in other vehicles, b/c of the noise reduction and comfort I've had with my Tundra. Though it chugs gas you really can't buy one of these w/o expecting to pay out.