2002 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
just the right size
By steve tolbert on 04/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this used, and it now has 20,000 miles. No probems what so ever. This truck has very comfortable front seats, is quiet, and is great on the highway. The only negative, is an uncomfortable back seat, but it is ok for around town and holds alot of stuff.

Great new truck
By krumps on 04/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

My 6 cyclinder Tundra has way more power than similar Chevy trucks I tested. Load hauling is great, even up hills! Should have bought this truck before I bought my last Chevy.

One great truck
By Lavinder on 04/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased a new Toyota Tundra 4x4 access cab,v8, last month. Within three weeks, I have put almost 800 miles on it. I was pleased to see that I have been getting a consistent 16 mpg. This is my first vehicle with a motor larger than a 4 cyl. Every chance I get I am feeling the power and acceleration. When I start driving sensibly, I know i will get even higher gas mileage. Titus-Will in Tacoma, WA gave me the best deal with no BS. I was in and out of there in less than an hour. Half of that time I was waiting while Jim Love was finishing up with another customer.

Dont buy if TALL
By ztnalb on 03/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tundra 2dr Regular Cab 2WD LB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

Just purchased the standard cab,Tundra w/ bench seat a week ago and have developed serious pain in rightleg and knee. I figured I was buying a full size truck and need not worry about leg room. I was wrong! I'm 6'5" the truck has plenty of head room but lacks leg room. the bench seat provides NO support for my right leg, I use a pillow to support the leg which helps for the accelerator but not the brake pedal. The brake pedal is the worst! You lose almost another inch when applying the brake because it sits higher. Unfortunatly my test drive was mostly on the freeway in this postion I'm relatively comfortable, but city driving is painfull when applying the brake.

Tundra 2 Dr Longbed
By shell910 on 03/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tundra 2dr Regular Cab 2WD LB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

I enjoy my Tundra Longbed because it's a basic pickup with no frills with just excellent quality in everything. Toyota' interior design and ergonomics are great. It's a good long distance vehicle also with great pulling potential and long bed capacity.

Tundra review
By xman1035 on 03/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I recently purchased the Tundra and it's a quality made truck. It's not as roomy as the Dodge 1500 Quad Cab or the GM/Chevy Silverado XCab. The engine is smooth, extremely quiet,and has lots of power-245hp. A supercharger should be available by Toyota Racing Development(TRD) that will boost the horsepower to 345 hp.

Just drove 1000 miles
By joel webster on 03/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

Positive: fun to drive. My first new truck. Family loves it, especially daughter.Says this will be her vehicle when she turns 16. Only negatives: No lights on passenger vanity mirror even though I got the light group. No lock on glove box (why???)Very Poor spray on window washer fluid. Comes out like a squirt gun.

Couple of issues
By James1 on 03/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Brake trouble! Missing bolt in door. Rattle in dash. Had to take the thing to the dealer 4 times to get the brakes finally replaced. Getting wobble in pedal when brake discs were warm. Shouldn't happen, but it did! Bolt missing to hold door in open position, so door flopped about on delivery. After 22000miles dash has rattle. Bucket seats pointless when bench seat offers more funcationality and comfort.

best truck i ever had
By buddymcg on 03/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tundra 2dr Regular Cab 2WD LB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

i used to have a ford f-150 extended cab and my tundra runs great compared to it. it's quiet very good on gas milage dependable so far. granted ive only had it a few months its also a smoth comfterable ride thanks.

Great Truck
By hop18 on 03/16/02 05:25 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

All I have owned since I began driving is sports cars. I am engaged to be married so I bought this as my family car. I couldn't be happier. This car is the first automitic tranny vehicle i have owned. It is responsive and handles better than some sedans I have driven. Great Truck