2002 Toyota Tundra Access Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Tundra review
By xman1035 on 03/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I recently purchased the Tundra and it's a quality made truck. It's not as roomy as the Dodge 1500 Quad Cab or the GM/Chevy Silverado XCab. The engine is smooth, extremely quiet,and has lots of power-245hp. A supercharger should be available by Toyota Racing Development(TRD) that will boost the horsepower to 345 hp.

Just drove 1000 miles
By joel webster on 03/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

Positive: fun to drive. My first new truck. Family loves it, especially daughter.Says this will be her vehicle when she turns 16. Only negatives: No lights on passenger vanity mirror even though I got the light group. No lock on glove box (why???)Very Poor spray on window washer fluid. Comes out like a squirt gun.

Couple of issues
By James1 on 03/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Brake trouble! Missing bolt in door. Rattle in dash. Had to take the thing to the dealer 4 times to get the brakes finally replaced. Getting wobble in pedal when brake discs were warm. Shouldn't happen, but it did! Bolt missing to hold door in open position, so door flopped about on delivery. After 22000miles dash has rattle. Bucket seats pointless when bench seat offers more funcationality and comfort.

Great Truck
By hop18 on 03/16/02 05:25 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

All I have owned since I began driving is sports cars. I am engaged to be married so I bought this as my family car. I couldn't be happier. This car is the first automitic tranny vehicle i have owned. It is responsive and handles better than some sedans I have driven. Great Truck

Toyota Tundra
By Bubby on 03/14/02 00:17 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Great engine and driveability. Much quieter than most other full size trucks.

great truck
By commuter on 03/11/02 12:59 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Great Truck!! GOOD PERFORMANCE!! NO COMPLAINTS!!!!

Best truck I have owned
By david gallatin on 03/10/02 23:01 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned a total of 5 trucks from Ford, Chevy and Dodge. This is my first Toyota. Absolutely no comparison, The Tundra is the best so far by a long shot. I tow a 5600lb trailer with this vehicle, It performs far better than the 99 ford F150 that I had previously , Even though the Ford had a bigger engine and supposedly more horsepower.

Best bang for the Buck!!!!
By t8nda on 03/06/02 22:11 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab Limited 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I looked around for 3 months before buying my Tundra. I went with the Limited version because it would have cost more money to add the same features to an SR5. The build quality is Top Notch. The engine has plenty of power. I towed a large trailer 350+ miles and had to look in the rearview mirror to rimind myself I was even towing something. I am extremely satisfied.

3/4 size
By jb on 03/05/02 13:00 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned my 01 Tundra for a year and prior to that a 96 Chevy. The ability to tow heavy loads is a major factor for my truck usage and the Tundra does a superb job, as well as my Chevy did. Compared to the cab of my Chevy, the Tundra is a bit more cramped. The size is a plus for everyday driving though and manuevering in parking lots is much easier than my Chevy was. The rear seat is adequate for my kids and I average 15 mpg.

Under Powered
By joel7 on 03/03/02 00:19 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Underpowered for hauling and towing.