Used 2002 Toyota Tundra Base Regular Cab Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

2002 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

MOST RELIABLE TRUCK EVER
By conly brooks

2002 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 2WD LB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my 2002 tundra with 60k miles for 16k and I just sold it to my cousin $6,500 and it had 168k miles on it and never once did my truck have one problem.

Not bad
By Billinin

2002 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 2WD LB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

I've been a Toyota guy for the past 20+ years. I was looking for a vehicle to pull a mid-size fishing boat. Got the base 6 cyl long bed. It's been an okay truck but not on par with other Toyotas I've had. No serious problems-- just not as nice. I've had it for 7 years and it's served us well. Getting about 15 mpg in town...21 on hwy

Base model--doesn't have a ton of features!

Better feel and better quality materials. Better fit and finish.

Good Value, Great Ride for a Truck!!
By pepjrp

2002 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 2WD LB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

This truck drives and rides great, much better than most in this category. I use it for light hauling, mostly yardwork and home remodeling supplies. It really fits this need very well. I would not want to tow a very big trailer with the V6 though. Interior is great, good design, fit and finish. Plenty of room for my family of 3.

Ride, handling, simplicity of design inside and out.

More torque from the V6, and better than 18 mpg. Power locks and windows should be standard.

Nice Truck
By Sidney

2002 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 2WD LB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

Excellent to this date. I have replaced the oil every 6000 miles, brakes as needed along with the air filter. The spark plugs were replaced at 120,000 to be safe. The Toyota is better than my smaller Nissan truck in gas mileage and comfort. It is worth the price difference.

Durability.

These days any mileage improvement in MPG would be great.

V6 powerhouse AT smooth ride
By carb1776

2002 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 2WD LB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

Truck rides like a Camry. V6 is more than enough power to drive straight up inclines in Vermont hills! MPG 21 or better if you drive the speed limit. I have only changed the oil. My first truck, would buy again! Toyota quality and great resale market for this truck. Lot's of room for a very tall guy.

Good gas mileage for a truck this size if you stay at 65 mph. Inside very comfortable, you almost forget you are in a truck. No wonder this is called the best truck on the road. Easy to see out side mirrors and rear view mirror.

Make a V6 hybrid tundra.