2002 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Love This Old Truck
By cddc on 02/01/14 14:12 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SR5 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Edmonds does not show the 2002 Toyota V8 SR5 Access Cab Tundra so I am putting it in with the 4X4 version.

Not bad
By Billinin on 03/01/09 04:36 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 2WD LB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

I've been a Toyota guy for the past 20+ years. I was looking for a vehicle to pull a mid-size fishing boat. Got the base 6 cyl long bed. It's been an okay truck but not on par with other Toyotas I've had. No serious problems-- just not as nice. I've had it for 7 years and it's served us well. Getting about 15 mpg in town...21 on hwy

Good truck!!
By tarheel tundra on 04/01/08 09:14 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SR5 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned this truck since new and it probably saved my life in an accident when I ran up on the rear end of broken down snowplow parked in the middle of an unplowed road on an extreme downhill. Get one with ABS and Lmt. Slip if you can. Mileage is ok 11 city / 17 hwy but the engine is butter and I've loaded over a ton of used bricks/construction debris in the back and hauled it to the dump no problem. Not very nimble (turning radius is quite wide) but dependable and well thought out. Has required only routine maintenance and a couple covered TSBs (O2 Sensors) in its 35,000 miles. I'd buy again but I'd have bought an Ex. Cab in hindsight and gone with the 6 cyl.

Good Value, Great Ride for a Truck!!
By pepjrp on 06/06/07 17:05 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 2WD LB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

This truck drives and rides great, much better than most in this category. I use it for light hauling, mostly yardwork and home remodeling supplies. It really fits this need very well. I would not want to tow a very big trailer with the V6 though. Interior is great, good design, fit and finish. Plenty of room for my family of 3.

Nice Truck
By Sidney on 11/25/06 10:36 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 2WD LB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

Excellent to this date. I have replaced the oil every 6000 miles, brakes as needed along with the air filter. The spark plugs were replaced at 120,000 to be safe. The Toyota is better than my smaller Nissan truck in gas mileage and comfort. It is worth the price difference.

V6 powerhouse AT smooth ride
By carb1776 on 10/21/06 20:29 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 2WD LB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

Truck rides like a Camry. V6 is more than enough power to drive straight up inclines in Vermont hills! MPG 21 or better if you drive the speed limit. I have only changed the oil. My first truck, would buy again! Toyota quality and great resale market for this truck. Lot's of room for a very tall guy.

Great Pickup!
By I Vernon on 10/03/06 04:14 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 2WD LB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

I got the stripped model 2DR V6, A/C, roll-up windows, no cruise control, approx. $18,500. This is really a fantastic vehicle except for one nagging problem. The front brake rotors consistently become warped from overheating about every 20,000 miles. The so-called fix is to buy new star adjusters for the rear drum brakes. This does not solve the problem, and Toyota refuses to issue a recall notice or assist owners with this problem. They just sell the star adjustors which do not solve the problem. In standing behind their product, Toyota is becoming more like the U.S. auto producers!

Not as good as past Toyotas
By Nunya on 01/13/06 11:36 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 2WD LB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

I've had 2 Toyotas in the past, and the new ones are living on that reputation. It's still a great truck compared to the other low quality trucks on the market, but still not even close to the same quality as past Toyotas. The 18 MPG really stinks, especially for a V- 6, the cargo light has to be turned off before getting out of the truck to keep from running the batt. down., the seatbelts seem really cheap, the paint seems very thin, and brittle, the cheap plastic tailgate handle broke and costs a fortune to replace. It's still a good truck, but like others here I just expected a heck of a lot more out of Toyota than this. IMHO we keep buying higher $$$ for cheaper quality. Will we learn?

Best truck for the money
By tommy on 01/10/06 13:42 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 2WD LB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

My truck has been a great ride for almost four years now. Everything continues to offer a smooth experience - except for the disfunctional cupholder. Low noise, decent on gas, no mechanical problems to speak of.

Tundra Test
By Sid Smith on 05/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 2WD LB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

I have the basic model of truck. It is very reliable with no mechanical faults to this point.The only thing, which is minor would be the pop-up drink holder stopped working. This seem like a small thing until the Toyota dealership quoted me $170.00 for the replacement part. Overall, I am delighted with the Tundra full size truck. The comfort level over my Nissan truck (the Frontier) is Night and Day.The cupholder upsets me because I am spoiled by the quality and reliablity of my Toyota truck.I would buy another Toyota truck if that time ever comes.That's just the way it is. Best Regards, Sid Smith