2002 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
My Tundra
By scottd on 10/12/07 16:10 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

7 years and the truck looks brand new! Standard Lexus engine was a dream in this truck. No repairs have been needed, only one set of tires and 3 new batteries (eats them up for some reason?). Mileage, I'm still getting 21 mpg around town and 28 highway! Would have to offer me a lot to trade, all new trucks can't come close.

Happy with My Tundra
By Jango Barks on 05/25/05 16:35 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my Tundra following a terrible front-end collision. Well beyond its crash rating, my Tundra meets my needs beautifully.

Great Truck
By steve m on 07/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

PURCHASED THIS TRUCK FOR FAMILY USE AND AT HOME ISSUES. I HAVE NO PROBLEMS PULLING A BOAT, HAULING A "FULL" LOAD OF CONCRETE OR WOOD. THE TRUCK IS VERY COMFORTABLE AND I LOVE IT! I HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS SINCE OWNING IT AND WOULD PURCHASE ANOTHER ONE AGAIN SINCE MY SON BELIEVES I SHOULD GIVE IT TO HIM WHEN HE GETS HIS LICENSE. I'VE PULLED A FEW FORDS OUT OF DITCHS WITH NO PROBLEMS

Great!
By manny on 06/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

A great truck! If you can go the extra bucks, get the V8 4WD. Great ride and no problems or worries.

Great truck!
By mustafa on 04/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

This truck is great! The only regret I have about buying it, is that I chose the V6 model (I have to go to school, SDSU, which is 35 miles away, each way). I would strongly suggest the consumer to buy the V8 iforce model. Anyways, this truck is awesome, I hope to trade it in for the 2004 model, which is improved greatly. The back seats are enlarged.

check vibration
By smithdog on 09/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

Toyota tundra has vibration issues in floorboard thru the arm rest.. Do a thorough test drive before considering purchase. Different vehicles vibrate in the driveshaft at different speeds. V6 more at low speds and V8 more at high speeds.

Just another Happy Toyota Customer
By bill1029 on 05/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

I have been eyeing the Tundra since it's introduction in 2000, and continued to read the reviews. I have driven the Ford F-150 and the Chevy 1500. I was impressed with both. I went and drove the Toyota; It did not "blow the doors" off the competition but did feel like a solid pickup truck with a very comfortable ride. I honestly do not have a pickup truck to do the heavy duty farm work (or I would have purchased the V8 version). I need a comfortable commuter with the ability to haul stuff when needed.

Just drove 1000 miles
By joel webster on 03/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

Positive: fun to drive. My first new truck. Family loves it, especially daughter.Says this will be her vehicle when she turns 16. Only negatives: No lights on passenger vanity mirror even though I got the light group. No lock on glove box (why???)Very Poor spray on window washer fluid. Comes out like a squirt gun.