2002 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
2002 Tundra Limited Edition
By shawnl2 on 01/25/09 16:02 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned this vehicle for nearly 7 years and have been very pleased with the overall quality. I work in the construction service industry and thought I would regret not buying 4WD. Glad I did not waste my money this truck handles very well off road with the 2WD. The ride is very comfortable both on and off road, could be the TRD package assisting with this? My overall gas mileage is approximately 16-17 mpg (this is using cruise control and driving a little over the speed limit). I have 133K miles on this truck and have never had to replace anything major on the engine (just routine service i.e. timing belt and bearings). My only complaint is how touchy the O2 senors are. Very dependable!

Tundra
By Limited on 06/12/06 12:32 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Great overall truck reliable and comfortable unless your in the back seat. The motor has ample power but Toyota has improved on that too. You can't go wrong.

Tundra the Titan
By ncgent on 01/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have had this Tundra since last August, over 9500 miles on it. I have pulled a 20' boat - no problems - I did not spend the extra 3500 for 4WD, but did get the limited-slip diff., and it helps alot pulling my boat up a ramp. Runs flawlessly, plenty of "gitup and go" even with a full load. Its quiet with superb road- manners. I checked out the F-150, Dodge, and Chevy, quality and reliability of the Toyota speaks for itself. Glad I chose the Toyota!It is pleasing to the eye inside and out, good ergodynamics, incredibly comfortable around town and on road trips. The Tundra is a Titan among pickups!

Not Bad but could improve
By MajorTom on 12/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

The vehicle is strong, quick and quiet. The feel is very solid. Put in a good stereo system and you will enjoy driving this vehicle even on the long trips. This is a very dependable and quiet truck.

Toyota Tundra
By Buelna on 12/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Great power, fast but has a hard time with extremely over capicity loads.....only in handling....not power....Truck is solid.....great power......super engine.....smooth to drive.......will only buy toyota from now on...

We love our Truck!
By toddfish14 on 05/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

My husband wanted a truck to help with his construction business. I wanted a second family car. The Toyota Tundra meets both our needs. He uses the truck to carry equipment. We use the truck for home improvement projects and shopping trips. We had a Jeep that I was not comfortable driving. However, I feel very comfortable driving the truck. Sometimes, when I can sneak it away from him...I get to take it to work!

just the right size
By steve tolbert on 04/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this used, and it now has 20,000 miles. No probems what so ever. This truck has very comfortable front seats, is quiet, and is great on the highway. The only negative, is an uncomfortable back seat, but it is ok for around town and holds alot of stuff.

Best bang for the Buck!!!!
By t8nda on 03/06/02 22:11 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I looked around for 3 months before buying my Tundra. I went with the Limited version because it would have cost more money to add the same features to an SR5. The build quality is Top Notch. The engine has plenty of power. I towed a large trailer 350+ miles and had to look in the rearview mirror to rimind myself I was even towing something. I am extremely satisfied.