2001 Toyota Tundra Consumer Review: Too much money, too many probl

2001 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Review

SR5 Access Cab (4.7L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic 6.2 ft. Bed)

Too much money, too many problems
By Carl Hazleton on

2001 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 V8 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

My Tundra is BAD,BAD,BAD on gas! About 10 miles to the gallon! Shifts like crap! 2 sets of brakes in 25000 miles! The brakes have no feel to them. THe truck has NO torqe under 3000 rpm. Not good at all for pulling even with only 500 lbs in the bed! The truck has used 4 rear Tires due to wheel spin under load. 30300 dollars spent on truck"not worth it!".Motor World is a very unfriendly dealership to add to my pain. I should have bought a Ford. Toyta should not build full size trucks and Motor World should not sell them! My Pontiac Trans AM got better mileage with a 400hp 455ci motor and would out tow this truck any day! I DO NOT RECOMEND THIS TRUCK TO REAL TRUCK GUYS!

Steers very well and has great speed and power above 3000 rpm. Rides really smooth and quiet.

Better gas mileage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bigger bed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! More Torque!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOWER PRICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!And I mean it!!!