2001 Toyota Tundra Consumer Review: Best half ton ever made

2001 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Review

SR5 Access Cab (4.7L V8 4-speed Automatic 6.2 ft. Bed)

Best half ton ever made
By xgermx7 on

2001 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 V8 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have had this truck for 4 years and 84,000 miles and I still love it. It is still just like the day I bought it, minus the fact that I have just about scrapped all the paint out of the bed. It is smooth, quiet, roomy, and fast like a luxury sedan, but tougher than any other half ton that I have ever driven. It gets 17-18 mpg on average. That's a good combination of city, highway, and interstate. It can get as low as 14 mpg if you have a heavy foot.

Excellent take off and passing power. Very smooth and quiet ride. Tows great. Great payload. High ground clearance. Good mpg for a V8. Excellent stopping distance. High quality interior. 6 cup holders. Comfortable seats. Unbeatable reliability. Just put gas in it and go.

The rear seat could be a little bigger, but I can't complain. It has gotten the job done. If I wanted bigger, I should have waited for the double cab. Full time all wheel drive instead of 4 wheel drive. That new 5 speed auto would have been nice too. Nothing really, I am just meticulous.