2001 Toyota Tundra 4.7L V8 4-speed Automatic 6.2 ft. Bed Consumer Review - Best half ton ever made

2001 Toyota Tundra Access Cab - Consumer Review

2001 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 V8 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Best half ton ever made
By xgermx7 on

2001 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 V8 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have had this truck for 4 years and 84,000 miles and I still love it. It is still just like the day I bought it, minus the fact that I have just about scrapped all the paint out of the bed. It is smooth, quiet, roomy, and fast like a luxury sedan, but tougher than any other half ton that I have ever driven. It gets 17-18 mpg on average. That's a good combination of city, highway, and interstate. It can get as low as 14 mpg if you have a heavy foot.

Favorite Features

Excellent take off and passing power. Very smooth and quiet ride. Tows great. Great payload. High ground clearance. Good mpg for a V8. Excellent stopping distance. High quality interior. 6 cup holders. Comfortable seats. Unbeatable reliability. Just put gas in it and go.

Suggested Improvements

The rear seat could be a little bigger, but I can't complain. It has gotten the job done. If I wanted bigger, I should have waited for the double cab. Full time all wheel drive instead of 4 wheel drive. That new 5 speed auto would have been nice too. Nothing really, I am just meticulous.