Used 2001 Toyota Tundra Access Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Toyota Tundra Access Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Best Pickup I've ever owned
By Bagpipe

2001 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 V8 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first Toyota and will certainly not be my last. I have owned both Chevrolet and Dodge pickups and am on a first name basis with the service managers of both dealerships. My Tundra is easily the most dependable pickup I have ever owned. I use this vehicle for commuting in urban Boise traffic and backcountry Idaho hunting and fishing trips. On the road it rides and handles like a luxury car, while easily conquering the snow and mud of off-road here in Idaho. I am now hooked on Toyota!

Great gas mileage for a V8 engine. Excellent ride. Very comfortable sitting in traffic, very strong and dependable off-road.

The only downside I have found, the back seat is a little cramped. Open this up a bit and this would be the perfect truck.

Buy a Tundra
By mpesce

2001 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab Limited V8 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is a solid truck. Very quiet and smooth. My only concern is the transmission. This is now Jan 2004 and my truck is a 2001. I've noticed in the recent past that a couple of times I stepped on the accelerator and the engine acted like the truck was in neutral. It then kicked into gear with a thump. Other than that, I couldn't be more happy with my decision to buy a Tundra.

The reliability is #1. The positive comments I get from people on its looks is a close #2.

More comfortable seats. Navigational system w/ outside temperature. Pop open gas door lids from inside cab. More options to match outside color w/ interior package.

nothing special, just reliable
By young123

2001 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab Limited V8 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This truck has been excellent except for some minor things. The dash makes a rubbing creaking sound whenever there is a temperature change. The gas mileage seems a little low, ( around 10- 12 in town, 15 on the highway.

toyota reliability.

It seems they have addressed alot of the issues on the 2004 model. For example: connecting the center console forward to the dash, and the appearance of the front end.

Awesome Truck
By jeffmeister

2001 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

Buy It. It rocks. I get about 18mpg. good enough for me & a truck. I have the "Ivan Stewart" edition, so I am god-like. best truck made 2001-2002 9.90 out of 10.00

Suicide Doors

Sun-Roof, which now comes on the 2004

Tundra V6
By Tazdog

2001 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

I have had the truck almost 3 years now. Have had no problems of any kind. It is a very comfortable ride with plenty of power. I put a shell on it & experienced no performance drop off. Gas mileage actually improved by 1/2 mi. per gal.

The quiet, smooth ride is a joy on trips. Can drive all day & not feel tired or cramped.

• SUV