Used 2001 Toyota Tundra Access Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Toyota Tundra Access Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

dang good truck
By love-it

2001 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab Limited V8 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I owned three 4x4 Toyota trucks in the last 25 years then bought a 4x4 Dodge. A year later went back to Toyota. Reliability counts for a lot and this is the most reliable truck I have owned. I have been pulling a 24 foot boat on flat land and can't even tell its there.

Responsive engine proformance, sound system

More of an angle in the back seat, but then I dive it not ride in the back seat. Looks like they fixed it in the 2004's

Good Truck
By kcowboy

2001 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 V8 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Bought new in 06/2001, haven't had any problems at all. I got 41,500 miles on it and it runs just as good. The brakes do squeal a little when backing up but I've heard thats do to brake dust. The gas mileage is better when I keep my foot out of it but then again, its a truck with a V8 not a compact.

Excellent engine performance and everything under the hood is very easy to get to. Ease of maintenance!

A little more room in the back.

Great Truck
By mike mc

2001 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 V8 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

My tundra is great. My friends can't believe how much power it has. People who ride with me are astounded by the smooth ride.

That I-Force V-8

Best Pickup I've ever owned
By Bagpipe

2001 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 V8 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first Toyota and will certainly not be my last. I have owned both Chevrolet and Dodge pickups and am on a first name basis with the service managers of both dealerships. My Tundra is easily the most dependable pickup I have ever owned. I use this vehicle for commuting in urban Boise traffic and backcountry Idaho hunting and fishing trips. On the road it rides and handles like a luxury car, while easily conquering the snow and mud of off-road here in Idaho. I am now hooked on Toyota!

Great gas mileage for a V8 engine. Excellent ride. Very comfortable sitting in traffic, very strong and dependable off-road.

The only downside I have found, the back seat is a little cramped. Open this up a bit and this would be the perfect truck.

Buy a Tundra
By mpesce

2001 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab Limited V8 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is a solid truck. Very quiet and smooth. My only concern is the transmission. This is now Jan 2004 and my truck is a 2001. I've noticed in the recent past that a couple of times I stepped on the accelerator and the engine acted like the truck was in neutral. It then kicked into gear with a thump. Other than that, I couldn't be more happy with my decision to buy a Tundra.

The reliability is #1. The positive comments I get from people on its looks is a close #2.

More comfortable seats. Navigational system w/ outside temperature. Pop open gas door lids from inside cab. More options to match outside color w/ interior package.