Used 2001 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Great, reliable truck
By lwdngwruvz

2001 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited V8 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck based on Toyota's customer service and durability of my 1990 Toyota 4x4 pickup. Anyway, about this truck... Excellent durability, reliability and really fun to drive. I am tall, so the headroom is awesome. Plenty of power for my needs, great braking and very comfortable. The tires that come from the factory wore out way too quick. I have had to replace two O2 sensors, which is a bummer. I have had to replace two latches for the rear windows. Other than that, I have had no problems with this vehicle. I try to perform regular maintenance, but I slip quit a bit.

Exterior design, interior comfort, smooth ride, very comfortable on long drives. Powerful, user-friendly electronics.

O2 Sensors, Rear window latches, better tires from the factory.

Awesome Truck
By dukeno1

2001 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 V8 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck new in May 2001. I now have 227,000 miles on it. The only work I have done on it in that time is a timing belt (due for another), all 4 o2 sensors, and at least 4-5 brake jobs on the front. That is my only complaint with the truck. The brakes are woefully undersized and I have trouble with warped rotors. I tow a boat in the summer and I believe that exacerbates the issue. I have gotten proficient at changing the pads and rotors so not that big of a deal. I have ran Mobil 1 synthetic since the second oil change and swear by the stuff. The engine on this truck has been amazing.....quiet, powerful and refined. Everything is still tight and rattle free! Love it!

4wd , paint job has held up great.

Brakes!!!!

Because I Love My Truck!
By MadMarv

2001 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited V8 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my Tundra just over a month ago from a great used car dealer in Poulsbo, WA. The truck had 107K on it at delivery. It had just one previous owner who also is local and had obviously taken good care of it but enjoyed using it as well. It is a joy to drive, and I have good peace of mind that, like all other Toyotas I've owned, it'll take good care of me for hundreds of thousands of miles. I have the whole service history from the dealer, and the only part that went bad on that truck was a rear O2 sensor. I've already tested its off-road capabilities an an orv park here and it was almost boring because of how well it did. C'mon winter!

Toyota build quality and reliability, the comfort, the solid feeling it has, it's performance on and off-road.

Fuel mileage could be better in the city. The armrest sits just a little too high for my taste, so I don't use it. The 4wd hi/lo buttons could be mounted a little higher. That's all I can think of, and that's really nitpicking.

Great truck
By r smith

2001 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited V8 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this truck new and have been very pleased. No major mechanical issues, but a few items to note, front brakes are undersized for the size of the truck and have to be replaced more often than normal. Paint job dulled in 06 and o2 sensors keep going out. Truck does great off road, I put a leveling kit on the front and an all around 3" body lift, looks great. Overall a great investment, Ive been driving the truck daily and it is very dependable.

Getty up

Bigger front brakes

Just bought
By bighead

2001 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 V8 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I just bought a 2001 tundra with 55,000 miles on it from the original owner. It's in almost new condition. This truck has bucket seat that I don't care for. The arm rest is too small for me but I can live with it. This truck is really sharp looking and has the trd package. I love this truck already but haven't even owned it 24 hours yet and will report back any likes and dislikes with it.

4 doors and the awesome power.

Maybe a bigger back seat but who cares I'm not riding back there any time soon!

• SUV