2001 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab 4.7L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic 8.2 ft. Bed Consumer Reviews

2001 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

SR5 Regular Cab Pickup (4.7L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic 8.2 ft. Bed)

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
135,000 miles and loving it
By clintncrys on 08/29/12 07:43 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SR5 V8 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck used, but have loved it the entire time. It is comfortable for a full-size truck, and super reliable. It isn't capable of doing super heavy duty towing, but I haven't come up against anything that I need to pull, but can't - it's just not a diesel.

Excellent Truck
By Jack on 03/05/07 21:07 PM (PST)

2001 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SR5 V8 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

The only mechanical problem I have had with this truck was the odemeter quit working at 300 miles. The Toyota warranty covered this repair and I haven't had any other problems with the truck in 61/2 years. I towed a 17' boat for the first 3 years, and never had any problem pulling the 2000 pound boat and trailer through the Black Hills. Normally while towing I could do 62 miles per hour at 3000 RPMs. The toyota Tundra's offroad capabilities depend on the tires you choose to put on the truck. I do a lot of off-road driving for work in the Black Hills through a lot of mud and snow. I changed out the factory tires for a set of BF Goodrich All-terrains and have never been stuck.