2001 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
135,000 miles and loving it
By clintncrys on 08/29/12 07:43 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SR5 V8 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck used, but have loved it the entire time. It is comfortable for a full-size truck, and super reliable. It isn't capable of doing super heavy duty towing, but I haven't come up against anything that I need to pull, but can't - it's just not a diesel.

Excellent Truck
By Jack on 03/05/07 21:07 PM (PST)

2001 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SR5 V8 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

The only mechanical problem I have had with this truck was the odemeter quit working at 300 miles. The Toyota warranty covered this repair and I haven't had any other problems with the truck in 61/2 years. I towed a 17' boat for the first 3 years, and never had any problem pulling the 2000 pound boat and trailer through the Black Hills. Normally while towing I could do 62 miles per hour at 3000 RPMs. The toyota Tundra's offroad capabilities depend on the tires you choose to put on the truck. I do a lot of off-road driving for work in the Black Hills through a lot of mud and snow. I changed out the factory tires for a set of BF Goodrich All-terrains and have never been stuck.

THUNDRA OR THUNDER
By bart on 06/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 2WD LB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

THE POWER STEERING PUMP WENT OUT AT 2800 MILES, THE WATER PUMP WENT OUT AT 11000 MILES.THE TRUCK IS GREAT BUT SO FAR NOT REALIBLE.