2001 Toyota Tundra Access Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Great, reliable truck
By lwdngwruvz on 06/21/11 22:15 PM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab Limited V8 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck based on Toyota's customer service and durability of my 1990 Toyota 4x4 pickup. Anyway, about this truck... Excellent durability, reliability and really fun to drive. I am tall, so the headroom is awesome. Plenty of power for my needs, great braking and very comfortable. The tires that come from the factory wore out way too quick. I have had to replace two O2 sensors, which is a bummer. I have had to replace two latches for the rear windows. Other than that, I have had no problems with this vehicle. I try to perform regular maintenance, but I slip quit a bit.

Best truck we ever owned
By Trundra Limited 4.7 on 04/05/08 03:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab Limited V8 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This has been the most reliable and comfortable truck we have ever owned. Great design and never a problem. We have 115k two sets of tires so far and never a failure of any kind.

It's almost perfect
By Todd on 12/14/05 18:59 PM (PST)

2001 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab Limited V8 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

My parents bought this car in 2004 with about 45,000 miles on it. The truck is smooth, powerful, quiet, confidence inspiring. We have been averaging 19 mpg in town and about 21 on the freeway w/out 4 wheel drive. Pretty good for a V8 and heavy truck. The only problem is the transmission...It works wonderfully until you have to tow your heavy trailer! 6500 pounds down hill broke the weaker parts in the Tranny, atleast it was safe enough to drive the rest of the way home! Otherwise, great truck...does that kill the point of having a truck? I tend to think so.

Lexus pickup...
By doghousedub on 08/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab Limited V8 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Like driving a luxury car with a bed. All I move around is my music gear, and the occasional trip to Lowes. This truck is perfect for me. After owning nothing but Hondas and one Ford, I think I'll stick with Toyota. Everything feels extremely solid, and the engine and transmission are smooth as silk

Best Truck I've Ever Purchased!
By Bocefuss on 08/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab Limited V8 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Wow, this is one heck of a solid truck. I commute from San Antonio to Austin every day. What a joy to drive! Noise levels are very low, smooth ride, very comfortable for driver and front passenger. 18+ mpg for a V8 is great. No issues and regular upkeep. Thanks Toyota!!