Used 2001 Toyota Tundra Access Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Toyota Tundra Access Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

excellent truck
By kevinlee123

2001 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 V8 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

drove this truck since i bought it has 127,500miles on it, so far so good,fell like a new luxury sedan.full power,good ac,good sound system(tape/cd), it will last long.no issues. save lots of money

engine performance, lot of space, sr5 features.

none

Finest built truck
By rob220

2001 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 V8 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck with 218k from my good friend right before he passed away and he used it not only to commute around 130 miles a day but also on a farm towing full hay wagons through fields and other farm stuff. It now has 237k and in that distance the only problem I had was the starter went.Yes the exhaust manifolds leak but it's been that way since I got it one year ago. the timing belt is probably original along with the oxy sensors but I toasted a 2010 f150 5.4 triton last week with it and it didn't care. I have yet to this day found anything that my stock 01 tundra couldn't do, It still runs and stops great.

Great, reliable truck
By lwdngwruvz

2001 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab Limited V8 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck based on Toyota's customer service and durability of my 1990 Toyota 4x4 pickup. Anyway, about this truck... Excellent durability, reliability and really fun to drive. I am tall, so the headroom is awesome. Plenty of power for my needs, great braking and very comfortable. The tires that come from the factory wore out way too quick. I have had to replace two O2 sensors, which is a bummer. I have had to replace two latches for the rear windows. Other than that, I have had no problems with this vehicle. I try to perform regular maintenance, but I slip quit a bit.

Exterior design, interior comfort, smooth ride, very comfortable on long drives. Powerful, user-friendly electronics.

O2 Sensors, Rear window latches, better tires from the factory.

Awesome Truck
By dukeno1

2001 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 V8 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck new in May 2001. I now have 227,000 miles on it. The only work I have done on it in that time is a timing belt (due for another), all 4 o2 sensors, and at least 4-5 brake jobs on the front. That is my only complaint with the truck. The brakes are woefully undersized and I have trouble with warped rotors. I tow a boat in the summer and I believe that exacerbates the issue. I have gotten proficient at changing the pads and rotors so not that big of a deal. I have ran Mobil 1 synthetic since the second oil change and swear by the stuff. The engine on this truck has been amazing.....quiet, powerful and refined. Everything is still tight and rattle free! Love it!

4wd , paint job has held up great.

Brakes!!!!

Because I Love My Truck!
By MadMarv

2001 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab Limited V8 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my Tundra just over a month ago from a great used car dealer in Poulsbo, WA. The truck had 107K on it at delivery. It had just one previous owner who also is local and had obviously taken good care of it but enjoyed using it as well. It is a joy to drive, and I have good peace of mind that, like all other Toyotas I've owned, it'll take good care of me for hundreds of thousands of miles. I have the whole service history from the dealer, and the only part that went bad on that truck was a rear O2 sensor. I've already tested its off-road capabilities an an orv park here and it was almost boring because of how well it did. C'mon winter!

Toyota build quality and reliability, the comfort, the solid feeling it has, it's performance on and off-road.

Fuel mileage could be better in the city. The armrest sits just a little too high for my taste, so I don't use it. The 4wd hi/lo buttons could be mounted a little higher. That's all I can think of, and that's really nitpicking.