2000 Toyota Tundra 4.7L V8 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Ignore the chauvanists

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab - Consumer Review

Ignore the chauvanists
By brucec32 on

2000 Toyota Tundra SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab SB

I've owned them all, chevy, ford, dodge, and Toyota. By far my best pickup for light-medium duty use. I don't haul passengers, so try elsewhere if you want lots of rear seat room, but otherwise this truck tops the others in virtually every category. And it's more reliable. Beware of pro-domestic truck fans who come on message boards slamming Tundras. I also own a 2002 silverado, so I think I'm pretty objective. The tundra is easier to drive and feels more in control. The Silverado has already had 2 major issues, too.

Favorite Features

Surprising power, steering and road feel not numb like most pickups, decent styling, reliability, braking power, light touch on brakes/throttle/wheel make it less tiring to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Better door detents to hold them open, better paint quality, it chips easily. Seatbelts that retract better, a little more front seat travel, better stock shocks(upgrade to bilstein TRD, you won't regret it), regular cab short bed version