2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Tansmission Problems!
By rflinster on 12/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab Limited 4dr Extended Cab SB

I've had numerous minor problems until summer of 2000 whereby the O2 sensor went & required the entire manifold to be replaced. Then the transmission started making a "klunking" noise around 60,000 miles. Dealer unable to diagnose the problem. Last week it broke down -- whole transmission needs to be replaced -- even worse, I don't even tow anything or haul heavy items in the bed. This is all normal driving usage.

More than you expect in a Truck
By mjhenny on 11/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab SB

I have a 2000 2WD SR5 Access Cab model. Excellent Build Quality, well thought out design. Plenty of Power. Is a little bit smaller than a Ford, Chevy, or Dodge, but you can still get a 4X8 Sheet of plywood in the back. My wife likes it because it's easier for her to get into. The back seat is quite cramped, and getting a baby seat in there is tough but do-able. I'd buy this truck again tomorrow if I had to choose.

We Love Our Truck!
By ra_fiki on 10/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V6 4dr Extended Cab SB

Prior to buying the Tundra we owned a fully loaded 1996 4WD V6 Tacoma, which was a very impressive vehicle in it's own right. The Tundra surpasses all expectations -- comfortable ride, reliable, and great-looking. Ours was one of the first sold in GA and it turned heads, still does!

96000 miles and no problems
By Jim Schmoll on 09/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I now have 96ooo miles and am just as happy as my last Toyota. It had 370000 miles on it. The only thing that I don't like is the metel thickness of the body. Great truck good price. jim

awesome truck
By pilgrimknob on 09/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab Limited 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Best truck I have ever owned! Everything is top notch quality. Performs like a sports sedan. Tows my big boat. I love it!!!

Terrific!
By iamdot on 08/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

It does what you want when you want it to. Have had my truck for almost two years and the only problems I've had is a little shaking when braking (which the dealer fixed) and some squeaking with my belt. Has the power to peel out when towing a bass boat, charge up hills, and went up some "expert" 4x4 trails which the fixed up truckers didn't think I had a chance (since mine is stock). The TRD helped with the 4x4ing along with overall ride, would highly recommend.

Great Truck
By bassrek on 07/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab SB

I've had the truck for about 2.5 years, 38000+ miles without a snag. Only problem was the O2 sensor needing to be replaced, but was covered on warranty. The engine provides plenty of juice when needed, and the ride is great. Went to look at new F150s and Ram 1500s recently and decided I'd be better off keeping my Tundra. It's still a joy to drive. Planning on keeping until the crewcab comes out.

2000 tundra
By low rider on 04/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

need to change the gas tank lid so you don't have to turn the truck off to fill up.also,the rear passenger seat sets to erect,and could use more room in the rear seat area

Transmission Problems
By craig on 04/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I own a 2000 Tundra SR5/4WD TRD Package. I purchased the truck new in Aug. of 2000.This is my 7th Toyota and the first one with any problems. The probelm is when the transmission shifts in to 4th geat it clunks. In addition the shift lever is very hard to get into park. I have had the truck in to the dealer where they admitted that the problem exists but since it did not show a problem on their diognostics computer. There was nothing that they could do. I am in contact with The District Manager and Toyota to resolve this matter hopefully with out litigation.

Wonderful Workhorse
By Frann on 04/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab Limited 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

We upgraded from a 1992 SR5 4WD PU to this Tundra because our rough rock business needed a bigger vehicle. The ride is very smooth even off road. It pulls our trailer without problems, even when the truck bed is loaded with rough rock material. The interior is extremely comfortable and for the most part, the lights and buttons are located within visual range and within reach. Would, and have, recommended this model to those who ask.