2000 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Just what you'd expect from Toyota
By c.harry on 08/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tundra SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This truck is so much fun to drive. It corners great, it accelerates like a sports car and I smile everytime I get behind the wheel.It could have a little more towing capacity, but it does fine for what I use it for.

tundra
By mucwa on 07/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

love it!!!

Believe the Tundra's crash ratings!!!!
By A. Thomas Young on 07/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tundra SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Really believe those Tundra crash ratings! Took on a 1 ft. diameter tree sideways at 50 mph. Tree impacted the driver's door right by my shoulder. Totaled the Tundra but zero damage to me. Excellent all around safety design with a great focus on protecting occupants!!!!!! I am a believer and am now looking for another Tundra.

Front end brake problems
By ahardrain1 on 06/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tundra SR5 V6 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Have had both rotors replaced twice with less then 45k. Front end shake is a constant. Not to mention poor tread wear on third set of tires. There is a service bulletin on this issue and if you are experienceing this problem, get vocal.

Great Truck.....No Problems after 70,000
By PA Bound on 05/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tundra SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab SB

Bought this truck brand new and have put 70,000 plus miles on it so far. Nothing, and I mean nothing has needed repairs. Only an oil change once every 5000 miles. Great truck and a great value!!!

great all around vehicle
By marc northrup on 04/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I find my 2000 Tundra Limited just an all around quality vehicle. I have owned Ford and Chevy trucks and I am pleased to state the Tundra is by far a better vehicle in all ways. The quality and fit and finish are excellent. The ride is much like a full sized acr, not the hard choppy ride of most 4 wheel drive pick-ups. The one area I hope Toyota has addressed and improved upon are the brakes. They seem to be poor and inadequate for this big vehicle.

Problems
By bpierce on 04/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tundra SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab SB

I like the truck for it's looks and comfort but Have I had problems. Brakes are horrible designed. Have had three brake jobs. Throttle body went out, that cost $1200. It is in the shop right now because the check engine light came on. Turns out that there is a crack in the exhaust manifold due to poor metalology. Toyota is covering repair but in turn my o2 sensor went bad and there is carbon build up on my valves and "new" throttle body that they want charge to fix. Said Toyota does not cover incidental problems. Please, now I have to hash it out with Toyota.

What you would expect!
By TrentpNC on 03/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought my Tundra used with 19K on it. I had my heart set on a Dodge Ram 1500. My wife (who sold advertisement to dealerships at the time) talked me into just test driving the Tundra. Wow was I surprised! Handled like a sports car! I now have 51K on it and the only thing I've done is replace a O2 sensor, cost $70 for a sensor and $10 for a special socket at Auto Zone. If you are like me and don't own a lot of heavy farm equipment this is the best truck for light duty. Even my friends who own the other big 3 think it's great, mostly because they've had trouble with there trucks.... :-)

2000 Tundra
By Dr. D.L.Bercier on 03/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tundra SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I use it as a farm call truck and it holds up very well, very comfortable ride, and great pulling power. Have pulled trailers, boats, uphill and interstate, very powerful.

Small Brake Issue
By Shadytrake on 03/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tundra SR5 V8 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

Overall, this truck is a good buy. The only issue that I have had is with the brakes. I had to have all four replaced along with drums and such under warranty due to warping, glazing, and a severe shudder. They are now having the same problem except for the shudder which I assume will show up any day. This means I am only getting about 20,000 miles on the brakes, sigh...and since I tow horses, this creates a problem.