Used 2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

One excellent piece of a truck
By chirravu

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab SB

This is also an update to our 2000 Tundra SR5 V8 4x2. Just finished 150K mark on this. Some time ago performed spark-plug tune-up - bingo, this truck runs new like the first day I bought this Big Dawg in 99. Change oil every 5K and this Toyota keeps going 4eva! To date, this truck doesn't rattle, squeak, squeal, or rust. Recently put a another set of Michelin LTX. I do get about 17-18 MPG on mostly highway drive. I have used it to tow just about anything you can imagine (within ratings limits), impressive passing power even with full-load. At times don't even realize we have 5000+ pound trailer attached, power fools ya!

Favorite Features

Power, reliability, towing and confort. To date, it drives just brand- new with absolute minimalist maintenance

Suggested Improvements

O2 sensors, seems Toyotas have fixed this problem in later year models

Outstanding
By Parrothead

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab Limited 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I purchased my Tundra new in September of 2000. Since then I have put 140,000 on it. Other then normal maintenance (oil changes, wiper blades, brakes) I have had only one expense which was an oxygen sensor. Replaced OEM tires with the BFG AT/KO's..love them. Definitely would buy again!

Favorite Features

Everything!

Suggested Improvements

Extended cab back seat isn't comfortable for more then a 20 minute ride for an adult...

Love it
By keith bremner

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I love the way it drives and the quality of it is top notch. Never had a problem with it. Would buy again.

Favorite Features

Very comfortable seats. Good radio. Easy use of four wheel drive. Nice to look at. Good road feel.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger bed. Three quarter ton or full ton would be nice. Moon roof.

2000 Toyota Tundra SR-5 Extended Cab
By Okey Thomas

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab SB

I bought the vehicle new. I have 105000 miles on it. For other than normal maintenance, the truck has been in the shop five times, four of which were oxygen sensors which were later recalled. The fifth time was for a water pump. Other makes of trucks I drove before this were in the shop up to 20 times in the first year. This vehicle rides and drives very well and is very comfortable to travel in. We have a 2004 Camry and I would rather travel in the truck. The body is solid with no rattles. The interior is not coming apart and looks as it did when we bought the truck. We love it!!!!

Favorite Features

The 4.7 V8 is plenty powerful. Suspension is solid enough for big loads yet allows a gentle ride even when empty.

Suggested Improvements

Seatbelts need a little more powerful spring action to pull belt back into storage when not in use. Mine usually stay out and I have to asist it back into storage. It is aggravating.

2000 Tundra
By Jay

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab Limited 4dr Extended Cab SB

Constant problem with front brake rotors warping. No help from Toyota, turned rotors 1 time during warranty. After 36,000 miles, cost were my own. Occured about every 15-20k miles. Poor support from Toyota. Internet posting confirm that I was not the only one with the problem. Other than that no major problems.

Favorite Features

Handling, performance, size, style, quality other than brakes.

Suggested Improvements

IMPROVE BRAKING SYSTEM & FUEL EFFICIENCY