2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Tundra Review
By kbjmills on 11/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab Limited 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Very reliable, stable vechicle with excellent towing capacity and vision. Mecahnically I have had no problems and the vechicle is still tight.

Great Truck
By chief123 on 10/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I've owned pickups from age 16 on. This one by far is the best I've owned. It rides like a car, but you can load it down with 2000 lbs. It has enough power, even when loaded, you do not know that you are hauling weight. It has a strong 4-wheel capacity to pull through mud, snow, ant the trail; again while driving like a car. I strongly recommend this vehicle for work, commute, play, or as a safe vehicle for the young driver. If you purchase one, you'll enjoy it! Also, it's a Toyota, reliability is never in question.

My Toy
By tuff truck on 09/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have had my tundra for about two and a half years and absolutely love the way it performs and handles.the only problem that I'v had is when i put new tires on,i aquired a shake in the front end.I than put on another new set but a different brand and the shake was still there.My service debt. could not find any problems with in and within 2500 miles the shake was gone.Other than that it is a great truck and has served my well.

Did not meet expectations
By Poor Richard on 09/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

After $2k worth of brake work under warranty they are again going bad. The transmission shifts with a jerk and the dealer won't do anything about it. The techs at dealer are not qualified to fix reoccuring problems like the brakes. I would not buy this truck next time.

Vibration, bad brakes, cracked manifolds
By Redbeard on 08/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have 47,000 miles on the truck. It has had two front brake jobs, two cracked exhaust manifolds ($1800.00!), it vibrates at highway speeds, the paint is poor quality. I would strongly recommend a different truck. I can't wait to get rid of this one.

Just what you'd expect from Toyota
By c.harry on 08/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This truck is so much fun to drive. It corners great, it accelerates like a sports car and I smile everytime I get behind the wheel.It could have a little more towing capacity, but it does fine for what I use it for.

tundra
By mucwa on 07/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

love it!!!

Believe the Tundra's crash ratings!!!!
By A. Thomas Young on 07/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Really believe those Tundra crash ratings! Took on a 1 ft. diameter tree sideways at 50 mph. Tree impacted the driver's door right by my shoulder. Totaled the Tundra but zero damage to me. Excellent all around safety design with a great focus on protecting occupants!!!!!! I am a believer and am now looking for another Tundra.

Front end brake problems
By ahardrain1 on 06/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V6 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Have had both rotors replaced twice with less then 45k. Front end shake is a constant. Not to mention poor tread wear on third set of tires. There is a service bulletin on this issue and if you are experienceing this problem, get vocal.

Great Truck.....No Problems after 70,000
By PA Bound on 05/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab SB

Bought this truck brand new and have put 70,000 plus miles on it so far. Nothing, and I mean nothing has needed repairs. Only an oil change once every 5000 miles. Great truck and a great value!!!