2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Great Truck!
By PaulChadband on 02/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I drove this truck hard and put it awy wet many a night. maybe 20% of these miles are in 4X4 over lava rock here in Hawaii. Except for an O-2 sensor that no one can figue how to fix or replace This Truck is Great

Recommended Vehicle
By Arnie7 on 01/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab Limited 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Great truck to drive. This is the first Toyota pickup, I have owned. I have owned a Ford and several Chevy pickups in the past. I heard about the dependability of the Tundra and took it for a test drive. I was amazed by the way it handled. I haven't had it for very long, but am extremely happy with it. I bought a used Rav4 a couple of years ago and it has over 135,000 miles on it now and have never had to have anything done to it. I decided to try their pickup, and am glad I did.

My Tundra
By TAGS on 12/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab SB

1 Have 120k+ miles. So far no major mechanical problems. It does eat tires every 40k if you do not rotate. I do not believe the bad brake comments others complain about. I Change my front pads with Toyota orig. equip. every 60k and there is still pads left before the indicator. Someone is doing something wrong with your car if you have a complaint about quality or engineering. I built my house with mine.

Excellent Truck
By henderr1 on 12/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I've owned this SR5 V-8 4WD extended cab for four years now and love it as much today as when I drove it off show room. This truck steps over everything. Logs, bolders you name it. I hunt and fish in WV and it has never had a problem getting me to and from. I have 76000 miles on it and only have had trouble with the front brakes. The dealer this year finally put the new 2003 brakes and heat shield on it and what a difference. Toyota picked up the labor and I bought the parts. I'm ready for another one as soon as they offer heated seats in cloth. Not another truck on the road with this ground clearance. Toyota quality is excellent.

I want a double cab
By chuckcowpie on 12/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab SB

I've been running up the miles on this truck & haven't had a problem yet. I did have problems at 70k mi with carbon build-up. Sounds like a common issue from reading these reviews. Other than that, I have 0 (that's zero) complaints.

Toyota Tundra
By jriedene on 12/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Awsome. The brakes lack a little definitioin but really not a big deal. Everything else is above expectations.

Brake Trouble?
By scattytarheel on 12/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I've gone through 2 sets of disk brakes due to poor design of brake components by Toyota - or some other unknown reason. My Tundra was repaired at 29,000, but the service department had received a "bulletin" that this problem (vibration in steering wheel during braking) would possibly occur. My previous truck was a different make, but I was able to drive 98k miles on the original manufacture's brakes.

Built to last
By Baranowski on 12/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab Limited 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

The Tundra is a smooth riding truck. It has handled heavy loads without any problems. The six disc CD stereo is a pleasure to listen to. It handles great in bad weather.

Good truck, except for the year 2000
By mostsleek on 11/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab SB

I bought my truck used with 25000 miles. I knew about the brake problems and had my rotors turned at 35000 miles. They are already starting to go with only 40000. The brakes will only last about 5000-7500 miles. Then at 40000 miles the fuel pump went. I had to fight with toyota to get the repair and tow paid for. Eventually they paided, however, the engine light came on 1 day after the repair, and I noticed that a bolt was mising from the cab.Once again i fought with toyota to fix the repair that they said that I did. The truck is great, the first year, 2000, models have alot of problems. 31 TSB and 2 recalls.

Brake/vibration/O2 sensor problems
By tundrarules on 11/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

**Brake vibrations **Frame vibrations **O2 sensor bad **Cracked manifold Had problems with brake vibration. Have been to the dealer 3 times with the brakes. After the last time at the dealer the problem seems to be fixed. The truck has always had a small vibration problem. Even after tires changed. Had a ticking noise when the truck was first started. That turned out to be a cracked manifold. Just got a check engine light. The dealer says it is an O2 sensor. They wanted $270.00 to replace it!!!! I am not falling for that one. Got a sensor for $50 @ sparkplugs.com.