Used 2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Great Truck
By abejen

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This truck is the greatest truck I have ever owned. I drive a minimum of 120 miles a day. As a Contractor I have owned a truck from 1967 to date. This is my first Tundra; I have worn out seven fords. My truck has 180,000 miles, So far I have replaced the tires, the brakes, the battery. The most drivable and best built truck I have owned. And it looks great.

Carol & Jeff
By 'sandra & Jeff'

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab Limited 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I've taken this vehicle to Tahoe many times. It handles great in the snow, takes the corners like a dream and it's a smooth ride. I haven't checked out the newer models. I plan to keep my 2000 for a long time. I have 134,000 miles on it. I have the oil and filter changed every 4000 miles. I've had no problems at all.

Leather interior, woodgrain dash, radio/cd, back seats are roomy and comfortable. Has console in front with two sections for cds etc, pullout drink holder in back seat, ac is very cold.

I think it's great as is.

I love my Tundra
By Brenda Vinci

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab SB

This was my first purchase for a truck. I was originally going to look at the Tacomas but once I glanced at the Tundra it was love at first site. Then after I test drove it there was no going back. I wouldn't even consider test driving any other truck. I've had my Tundra for six and half years and it still drives like it's brand new. I've had absolutely no problems with my Tundra.

I really like everything about my Tundra.

None.

Toyota Quality
By Todd Wagner

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought it with 30k miles and now have 60k. No problems except for CD player skips and brake pedal squeaks when depressed. Otherwise runs great, runs smooth, just like when I bought it.

Smooth engine, tranny and ride for a truck!

none

Great Truck if you don't plan on pulling.
By shackmaster

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I've had Toyota before and this is no different. Great quality, good ride, etc. BUT, the trailer pulling capacity is by no means what the manufacturer says which is 7000lb. Pulling a 6000 lb trailer with OD off will cause the tranny to work some serious overtime. Suggest don't pull anything more than 5000 lb MAX and thats with a small set of tires and preferrable 2wd. Other than that it's a great truck.

Handling and ride - You'd think you were in a camry.

The need to come out with a HD version of this truck that can compete with the GM and Ford vehicles.