2000 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews 6

2000 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Zero Problems Got2Luvit
By Gus_Zilla on 03/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tundra SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have had my Tundra for over 4 years and have had ZERO problems with it, Not even a light bulb has burned out on me. Definetly the the best quality vehicle I have ever owned. Gus E. Phoenix,AZ

My Tundra is GREAT!
By whoisthere48 on 02/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tundra SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Have owned and loved Toyotas since '85. This was my first big Toyota pickup. It rides cushy but handles great and is quiet at higher (Colorado) speeds which run 75-90 most times. Reliability is perfect - hard to get better than that. Bought it used with 19K miles. Drove it 50K miles so far with just oil changes (synthetic oil) and 1 brake job - no repairs needed. Have to sell it cause I now need a salesman car not a construction guy truck. Resale value is great. Getting 18.5K now after paying 21K 2 years ago. Try that with a Chevy or Ford or Dodge. Snow and ice no problem w/4WD. In short, I love this truck!

2000 4wd sr5 Tundra
By toocents on 02/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tundra SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Great truck! Very few problems with this vehicle, and those were fixed by the dealer under warranty. I would highly recommend this truck to anyone interested in a full size pickup. The 4Wd works great I have never had any problems with it.

Great Truck!
By PaulChadband on 02/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tundra SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I drove this truck hard and put it awy wet many a night. maybe 20% of these miles are in 4X4 over lava rock here in Hawaii. Except for an O-2 sensor that no one can figue how to fix or replace This Truck is Great

Recommended Vehicle
By Arnie7 on 01/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Great truck to drive. This is the first Toyota pickup, I have owned. I have owned a Ford and several Chevy pickups in the past. I heard about the dependability of the Tundra and took it for a test drive. I was amazed by the way it handled. I haven't had it for very long, but am extremely happy with it. I bought a used Rav4 a couple of years ago and it has over 135,000 miles on it now and have never had to have anything done to it. I decided to try their pickup, and am glad I did.

great truck
By jammer29 on 01/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tundra 2dr Regular Cab LB

I have 170,000 miles on it and it is still kicking A$$ !!! I replaced the breaks at 102,000 miles.

Excellent Truck
By henderr1 on 12/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tundra SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I've owned this SR5 V-8 4WD extended cab for four years now and love it as much today as when I drove it off show room. This truck steps over everything. Logs, bolders you name it. I hunt and fish in WV and it has never had a problem getting me to and from. I have 76000 miles on it and only have had trouble with the front brakes. The dealer this year finally put the new 2003 brakes and heat shield on it and what a difference. Toyota picked up the labor and I bought the parts. I'm ready for another one as soon as they offer heated seats in cloth. Not another truck on the road with this ground clearance. Toyota quality is excellent.

My Tundra
By TAGS on 12/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tundra SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab SB

1 Have 120k+ miles. So far no major mechanical problems. It does eat tires every 40k if you do not rotate. I do not believe the bad brake comments others complain about. I Change my front pads with Toyota orig. equip. every 60k and there is still pads left before the indicator. Someone is doing something wrong with your car if you have a complaint about quality or engineering. I built my house with mine.

I want a double cab
By chuckcowpie on 12/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tundra SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab SB

I've been running up the miles on this truck & haven't had a problem yet. I did have problems at 70k mi with carbon build-up. Sounds like a common issue from reading these reviews. Other than that, I have 0 (that's zero) complaints.

Toyota Tundra
By jriedene on 12/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tundra SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Awsome. The brakes lack a little definitioin but really not a big deal. Everything else is above expectations.