2000 Toyota Tundra SR5 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
2000 tundra
By john schmidt on 08/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

no breakdowns no significant repairs smooth carlike ride fair gas mileage

Pick another year
By litedog on 08/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I too had the brake problems from day one, front and rear. Also had both exhaust manifold crack. In addition, over the past year it began blowing O2 sensors on a regular basis. When the transmission began slipping, I had enough. The Toyota dealers refuse to believe that there is something wrong with these trucks. My last Toyota.

Quality Truck
By PLK on 04/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V6 4dr Extended Cab SB

Aside from small interior, this truck offers many benefits. economical, tough, great performance, reliable

I still love my truck!
By Edward King on 03/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab Limited 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I lived in the mts of Southern California for four years and my truck has been with through all the good and bad times while I have been up there here. Wether it was hauling furniture to move, or firewood for the house, or landscaping products, my tundra was with me. WHen it came to get the hell out because of the wildfires, did I take the company chevy truck? Did I take the brand new sports car? Or did I put the dogs in the Tundra and leave out? I took the Tundra! That says it all.

Give me a brake!!
By Davie H on 03/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This is my second Toyota pickup. I have had brake problems since day one! I have had 3 sets installed already and now Freehold Toyota tells me this is normal! They didnt even have the phone number for the zone rep! I also have a very bad ticking noise when its cold started and I have heard that its a manifold problem I called Toyota direct and they told me nothing is coming up as far as any recalls are concerened! I know for a fact my problems are also shared with other 2000 Tundra owners. I want to get a new Tundra but im very leary now. Its a shame that toyota doesnt stand by their mistakes! They took my money real fast!

Tundra quality is poor!!
By Hanniabl on 03/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I am very disappointed in my 2000 Tundra. I have had brake work every 10,000 miles, $1,000's in other work and at 60,000 had to pay $1,600 to have cracked exhaust manifolds replaced. Both were cracked. Seems clear this is an engineering, maufacturing or installation problem. The most they would offer is to comp the parts, still cost me $1,000. I sold it and bought a much better quality truck, a GMC.

Quality, power and good looks.
By Timr on 03/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This is my 5'th toyota and so far these vehicles have never let me down. I haven't owned this truck very long but I do feel this truck is going to last me many years with minimul problems.

Zero Problems Got2Luvit
By Gus_Zilla on 03/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have had my Tundra for over 4 years and have had ZERO problems with it, Not even a light bulb has burned out on me. Definetly the the best quality vehicle I have ever owned. Gus E. Phoenix,AZ

My Tundra is GREAT!
By whoisthere48 on 02/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Have owned and loved Toyotas since '85. This was my first big Toyota pickup. It rides cushy but handles great and is quiet at higher (Colorado) speeds which run 75-90 most times. Reliability is perfect - hard to get better than that. Bought it used with 19K miles. Drove it 50K miles so far with just oil changes (synthetic oil) and 1 brake job - no repairs needed. Have to sell it cause I now need a salesman car not a construction guy truck. Resale value is great. Getting 18.5K now after paying 21K 2 years ago. Try that with a Chevy or Ford or Dodge. Snow and ice no problem w/4WD. In short, I love this truck!

2000 4wd sr5 Tundra
By toocents on 02/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Great truck! Very few problems with this vehicle, and those were fixed by the dealer under warranty. I would highly recommend this truck to anyone interested in a full size pickup. The 4Wd works great I have never had any problems with it.