2000 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
tundra's a best buy
By mike55 on 11/15/04 17:14 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Not one problem this is the best pickup I have ever owned and I have owned all the American made one this one is head and shoulders above them. Quality Quality Quality and reliability.

Great Truck
By Buckoff on 09/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This truck has been wonderful. I have been worried when I hear about the O2 sensor or brake problems but haven't experienced them. The vehicle will really haul, even with a full load and goes great thru snow and ice. My only problem has been the rear seat area...my kids were little when I bought the truck but have grown since and will soon be too large for that area. I drive a Chevvy Silverado at work...nice truck but the Tundra is a sportscar next to it...and much more fun to drive.

Toyota Tundra
By markstrat on 09/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tundra SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab SB

My Tundra has 85000+ miles on it, the only tie-up I've had is a tie-rod end on it...I think that it was hit on that side before I got the truck though. I've put on 50,000 miles, never a brake job (try ceramic pads if you have problems)..I tow a 3500# boat 1,000 miles through the mountians without a problem...other than the mpg drop. Avg 17mpg in normal conditions, 11 towing. No squeaks or creaks or anything at all to complain about.

2000 tundra
By john schmidt on 08/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tundra SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

no breakdowns no significant repairs smooth carlike ride fair gas mileage

Pick another year
By litedog on 08/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tundra SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I too had the brake problems from day one, front and rear. Also had both exhaust manifold crack. In addition, over the past year it began blowing O2 sensors on a regular basis. When the transmission began slipping, I had enough. The Toyota dealers refuse to believe that there is something wrong with these trucks. My last Toyota.

Quality Truck
By PLK on 04/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tundra SR5 V6 4dr Extended Cab SB

Aside from small interior, this truck offers many benefits. economical, tough, great performance, reliable

I still love my truck!
By Edward King on 03/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I lived in the mts of Southern California for four years and my truck has been with through all the good and bad times while I have been up there here. Wether it was hauling furniture to move, or firewood for the house, or landscaping products, my tundra was with me. WHen it came to get the hell out because of the wildfires, did I take the company chevy truck? Did I take the brand new sports car? Or did I put the dogs in the Tundra and leave out? I took the Tundra! That says it all.

Give me a brake!!
By Davie H on 03/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tundra SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This is my second Toyota pickup. I have had brake problems since day one! I have had 3 sets installed already and now Freehold Toyota tells me this is normal! They didnt even have the phone number for the zone rep! I also have a very bad ticking noise when its cold started and I have heard that its a manifold problem I called Toyota direct and they told me nothing is coming up as far as any recalls are concerened! I know for a fact my problems are also shared with other 2000 Tundra owners. I want to get a new Tundra but im very leary now. Its a shame that toyota doesnt stand by their mistakes! They took my money real fast!

Tundra quality is poor!!
By Hanniabl on 03/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tundra SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I am very disappointed in my 2000 Tundra. I have had brake work every 10,000 miles, $1,000's in other work and at 60,000 had to pay $1,600 to have cracked exhaust manifolds replaced. Both were cracked. Seems clear this is an engineering, maufacturing or installation problem. The most they would offer is to comp the parts, still cost me $1,000. I sold it and bought a much better quality truck, a GMC.

Quality, power and good looks.
By Timr on 03/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tundra SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This is my 5'th toyota and so far these vehicles have never let me down. I haven't owned this truck very long but I do feel this truck is going to last me many years with minimul problems.