Used 2000 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

2000 Toyota Tundra

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Most Helpful|
So far so good.
By Gregory Herz

2000 Toyota Tundra SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I just recently purchased this truck, however, I am impressed at how well it has held up. I've caught up on required maintenance. Though expensive, I should have many thousands of miles to look forward to without having to pay for repairs. Ride is great, I forget I'm in a truck.

Favorite Features

Ride, comfort, reliability, power

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage, ergonomics, backseat comfort

Toyota Tundra Rides On
By Bob

2000 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Sold my 93 4WD pick up with 233,000 miles. Purchased this for $8500 with 111,000 miles. After driving it for two month and through three blizzards I must say I'm impressed. It's eerie to drive through 3 feet of snow in almost total silence. I found the original invoice, close to 36,000. This is the Limited model with few features. Everything works as it should and the ride is much better then I expected. On highways you really don't know you're in a truck. Not a luxury ride but pretty good. In the meantime I look forward to many more miles. You can't expect to have a truck and not have maintenance costs. None so far but I believe in preventative maintenance.

Favorite Features

Leather seats, good radio, power driver's seat, storage under back seat, easy one button 4WD. Everything works great.

Suggested Improvements

The seats could be more comfortable but that's subjective. Other then that, nothing. This is close to the perfect truck.

What a great truck!
By natx

2000 Toyota Tundra SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab SB

Bought in 2004. 68,000 mi. Now 160,000 mi. Contemplated trading for '07 Tundra, but couldn't. Love it too much, plus its paid for. Drives like a Camry. Comfortable. Quite too. Only had to replace radiator and valve cover gaskets. No other issues. Only gripe is the front brake rotors warping every year. I can switch out the front rotors in 30 minutes I've done it so often. Interior has held up very well. Known to have transmission issues with OD gear. I never tow heavy loads like my 30' RV in OD, but I tow a 12' cargo trailer full of tools and sometimes cabinets all the time in OD. No issues so far. Needs paint job, but that's my fault. Never once washed or waxed it.

Favorite Features

Quite and comfortable ride. Plenty of cup holders. Adequate power to tow 30' RV trailer. Can't even tell I'm towing my 12' cargo trailer. Cockpit layout is nice.

Suggested Improvements

Do the brake upgrade procedure and add some extra tie down points in the bed.

Driven almost daily since Dec. 1999
By lostarchangel

2000 Toyota Tundra SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck (a 2000 Tundra SR5 V8) new in December, 1999 and have driven it almost daily ever since. The only problems I've had with it are a bad oxygen sensor that went out about 7 years ago and the A/C has gone out twice. I replaced the timing belt at about 120,000 miles and have put about 170,000 miles on the truck since I bought it new. This truck was used on a small farm and often hauled heavy loads - sometimes exceeding its rated specs, without a problem. Sometimes it was called upon to tow a two-horse trailer for short trips too. After all these years though, it is still my favorite vehicle to drive, and I prefer it to driving my 2012 Kia Optima. I'll never sell it.

290,000 and still going!!!
By yotaman

2000 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have a 2000 tundra, it just rolled over 290,000 hard miles on the ticker and it is still going strong original engine and tranny, beat that big 3!!! Had to replace the coils 20k miles ago and after that she's a new truck!

Favorite Features

reliability

Suggested Improvements

brakes