Used 2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Has been a great truck!
By TW

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Bought with 36k in 2002. Only problem is O2 sensor went out but I elected not to fix for $300. Runs fine. Other than that still runs like new, comfortable on the road and does what I need off road.

Awesome engine and transmission, smooth and powerful. I plan to keep this as my truck for who knows how long. 10 more years to 200k?

Hey it does everything I need. CD acts up in cold weather and frustrating that O2 sensor is under seat and expensive to fix.

Poor Exhaust Manifolds
By HQ

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This truck is great and will really go through the snow. Fun to drive but a little heavy on the gas. Biggest problem is cracked exhaust manifolds. Took truck to Toyota dealer and they want almost $900 just for the manifolds plus labor and gaskets. In doing some internet research this seems to be a standard problem and Toyota refuses to acknowledge it and take care of the problem. This is the first time I have known Toyota to not cover a defect. Remember they bought back all the Tacomas with bad frames but they refuse to take care of this. I love the truck but I can't say my next truck will be a Toyota.

Really tight and the paint is excellent. Other than normal maintenance it never needs a thing.

Step up to the plate Toyota and take care of your customers who put their faith in you when they bought these tundras. Do the right thing.

Great Truck
By frankofgeorgia

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck brand new. I've owned a Ford F150 and a Nissan pickup. This has been the best truck by far. The ride is more like driving a car than a truck. The V8 has more than enough power; I pull a trailer for work and never had any problems pulling up very steep inclines. I use this truck for hunting and have not gotten stuck yet (2wd). I have 117,000 miles and still drives like new. Other than routine maintenace, I've had to replace 4 O2 sensors three on front and one on rear; there are four total on the V8. The factory toyota front brakes rotors will only last 30,000 miles. I got an aftermarket set which came with a lifetime warranty and are holding up better.

Design, power from V8, ride, reliable

Better O2 sensor

Lived to tell
By Tom Clark

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This was an excellent vehicle for my family. I purchased based on the history of quality and safety of Toyota products. It was an excellent truck. I recently was hit at a high speed and rolled it at least twice... and I was safe and secure in the cab with minor bumps and bruises. My next vehicle will be another Tundra.

Safety, reliability, comfort.

They succumbed to market pressure and increased the size of the 2007 model. This is a shame. This truck fit a market niche for people that need a truck, but not a monster truck.

2000 Tundra
By grayliner

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab SB

Seatbelt doesn't retract well. Seatbelt retract-stop button broke off, easy use no abuse. Co2 sensors bad, relaced myself -then recall- but $0 reimbursement < refused by Toyota dealer because I did it myself and they went bad before recall. Head gaskets leaked and expensive to replace gaskets -desing/bolts. OEM Brakes went out early, as per typical.

Smooth power. Comfortable truck. Style. General reliability.

Seatbelts. o2 sensors. Refund for OEM o2 sensors when work done by owner, with receipt for parts - it's only fair.