Used 2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
One excellent piece of a truck
By chirravu on 11/05/05 13:16 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab SB

This is also an update to our 2000 Tundra SR5 V8 4x2. Just finished 150K mark on this. Some time ago performed spark-plug tune-up - bingo, this truck runs new like the first day I bought this Big Dawg in 99. Change oil every 5K and this Toyota keeps going 4eva! To date, this truck doesn't rattle, squeak, squeal, or rust. Recently put a another set of Michelin LTX. I do get about 17-18 MPG on mostly highway drive. I have used it to tow just about anything you can imagine (within ratings limits), impressive passing power even with full-load. At times don't even realize we have 5000+ pound trailer attached, power fools ya!

Outstanding
By Parrothead on 11/05/05 06:13 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab Limited 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I purchased my Tundra new in September of 2000. Since then I have put 140,000 on it. Other then normal maintenance (oil changes, wiper blades, brakes) I have had only one expense which was an oxygen sensor. Replaced OEM tires with the BFG AT/KO's..love them. Definitely would buy again!

Love it
By keith bremner on 08/22/05 17:12 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I love the way it drives and the quality of it is top notch. Never had a problem with it. Would buy again.

2000 Toyota Tundra SR-5 Extended Cab
By Okey Thomas on 06/01/05 21:19 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab SB

I bought the vehicle new. I have 105000 miles on it. For other than normal maintenance, the truck has been in the shop five times, four of which were oxygen sensors which were later recalled. The fifth time was for a water pump. Other makes of trucks I drove before this were in the shop up to 20 times in the first year. This vehicle rides and drives very well and is very comfortable to travel in. We have a 2004 Camry and I would rather travel in the truck. The body is solid with no rattles. The interior is not coming apart and looks as it did when we bought the truck. We love it!!!!

2000 Tundra
By Jay on 02/25/05 02:10 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab Limited 4dr Extended Cab SB

Constant problem with front brake rotors warping. No help from Toyota, turned rotors 1 time during warranty. After 36,000 miles, cost were my own. Occured about every 15-20k miles. Poor support from Toyota. Internet posting confirm that I was not the only one with the problem. Other than that no major problems.

She Shook Me!
By Jaret on 02/17/05 16:53 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab SB

This truck had the shakes. It went back to dealer so many times, I just gave up. Toyota did replace all four wheels, but it didn't solve the problem. Oxygen sensors went out around 30k along with the tires. I had to pay for the oxygen sensors, but Toyota repaid me 4 years later. The tow wiring harness melted. The paint job was very poor. You could thump it and it would chip. The suspension was weak, and you could hit the bump stops in the rear very easy. I installed Bilstein shocks & Timbren ruber springs to solve the problem. I never had a brake problem. The engine was superb. Very smooth, responsive, and did a decent job pulling. I got over half my money back on trad-in after five years.

2000 Tundra
By J Tillman on 01/09/05 14:04 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Best riding & handling truck I've ever had. Liked the truck a lot. Suicide door arrangement was the most the most bothersome part of the truck. It was difficult getting things in or out of the back seat area having to have both side doors open, espeicially in a crowded carking lot. The Dunlop tires that came with the truck all failed within 27,000 mi. The belts shifted inside the tire.

tundra's a best buy
By mike55 on 11/15/04 17:14 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab Limited 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Not one problem this is the best pickup I have ever owned and I have owned all the American made one this one is head and shoulders above them. Quality Quality Quality and reliability.

Great Truck
By Buckoff on 09/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab Limited 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This truck has been wonderful. I have been worried when I hear about the O2 sensor or brake problems but haven't experienced them. The vehicle will really haul, even with a full load and goes great thru snow and ice. My only problem has been the rear seat area...my kids were little when I bought the truck but have grown since and will soon be too large for that area. I drive a Chevvy Silverado at work...nice truck but the Tundra is a sportscar next to it...and much more fun to drive.

Toyota Tundra
By markstrat on 09/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab SB

My Tundra has 85000+ miles on it, the only tie-up I've had is a tie-rod end on it...I think that it was hit on that side before I got the truck though. I've put on 50,000 miles, never a brake job (try ceramic pads if you have problems)..I tow a 3500# boat 1,000 miles through the mountians without a problem...other than the mpg drop. Avg 17mpg in normal conditions, 11 towing. No squeaks or creaks or anything at all to complain about.