2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
True Believer
By only drivin tundras on 06/24/07 20:18 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab SB

I bought my Tundra in mid 2002 with 44K miles. Drove it approx 35K per year pushing oil changes to every 10K. Replaced one set of front rotors, one fuel pump (it was blowing the EFI 1 fuse) and one set of spark plugs. It was an outstanding truck. I say was because it was totaled in an accident with 206K. Had it not met an early demise I believe it would have easily rolled 300K plus. I missed it so much I replaced it with another one with a young 148K on it.

It's not all that it is cracked up to be
By Gene on 06/17/07 19:03 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Many problems with the brakes. Was told the axle has to be replaced to fix the brake problem. Exhaust header gasket replaced at 50,000. Panel light burnt out as did the rear license plate light. Went through 3 starters. Paint was very susceptible to scratching. Brackets holding front wheel well trim corroded in under 70,000. Oil dipstick was the wrong length. Door screws come loose. Electrics in drivers door replaced.

Perfect light duty
By Andrei on 05/05/07 23:22 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab Limited 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought mine with 50k on it. Now it's 90k. Had to replace shaking brakes at 60k. Otherwise no problems, it runs like new. It rides very comfortable and quiet at any speeds. I used to average 19 MPG, up to 22 MPG on highway at 80-90 mph. But now I put 1 size bigger tires and I'm down to 17 MPG, 19.5 MPG highway. I have tonneau cover too. This truck rides effortlessly anywhere you take it.

Over a thousand and still running.
By barry morgan on 11/23/06 18:21 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought my tundra used with 78,000 miles. It was like I was in a new truck, and was very pleased. Until I started having problems with the oxygen sensors going bad. I rated the reliability low because I think Toyota has dropped the ball with the experiences that I have had with the oxygen sensors.

Beats Ford
By Cain Toyota on 11/04/06 09:25 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab SB

Prior to buying a Tundra, I owned a ford 150 and paid about 3000 dollars less then the Tundra. Over the long term comparison, the Tundra out preformed the ford 150 in every aspect. I enjoy the performance of the Tundra and over the seven years I have put very little money in to repair bills. I have followed all the specs for mileage requirements and my truck looks and runs as well as it did the day I drove the truck off the lot. I plan to keep this truck for another 7 years.

Great Truck
By abejen on 09/02/06 21:27 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This truck is the greatest truck I have ever owned. I drive a minimum of 120 miles a day. As a Contractor I have owned a truck from 1967 to date. This is my first Tundra; I have worn out seven fords. My truck has 180,000 miles, So far I have replaced the tires, the brakes, the battery. The most drivable and best built truck I have owned. And it looks great.

Carol & Jeff
By 'sandra & Jeff' on 07/30/06 20:15 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab Limited 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I've taken this vehicle to Tahoe many times. It handles great in the snow, takes the corners like a dream and it's a smooth ride. I haven't checked out the newer models. I plan to keep my 2000 for a long time. I have 134,000 miles on it. I have the oil and filter changed every 4000 miles. I've had no problems at all.

I love my Tundra
By Brenda Vinci on 07/27/06 09:46 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab SB

This was my first purchase for a truck. I was originally going to look at the Tacomas but once I glanced at the Tundra it was love at first site. Then after I test drove it there was no going back. I wouldn't even consider test driving any other truck. I've had my Tundra for six and half years and it still drives like it's brand new. I've had absolutely no problems with my Tundra.

Toyota Quality
By Todd Wagner on 02/18/06 11:36 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought it with 30k miles and now have 60k. No problems except for CD player skips and brake pedal squeaks when depressed. Otherwise runs great, runs smooth, just like when I bought it.

Great Truck if you don't plan on pulling.
By shackmaster on 11/21/05 17:43 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I've had Toyota before and this is no different. Great quality, good ride, etc. BUT, the trailer pulling capacity is by no means what the manufacturer says which is 7000lb. Pulling a 6000 lb trailer with OD off will cause the tranny to work some serious overtime. Suggest don't pull anything more than 5000 lb MAX and thats with a small set of tires and preferrable 2wd. Other than that it's a great truck.