Used 2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Good buy
By 2Toyotas

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab Limited 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Since purchasing this vehicle about 2 months ago I have had nothing but a great experience. This is the Limited Edition with leather interior. Even though the vehicle had 112,000 miles at purchase it looked new outside and minor wear on the drivers seat. Although the gas mileage is nothing to brag about it's about what I expected and could care less. On the highway it's like driving a semi-luxury vehicle. In parking lots it's a beast to park but that also doesn't bother me. In short for $8500 I feel like I got a great deal. I'll drive it until it hits 220,000 miles and at that point it will still have value.

Comfortable seats, good audio, 4 x 4 auto, power seat, great design.

None.

290,000 and still going!!!
By yotaman

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab Limited 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have a 2000 tundra, it just rolled over 290,000 hard miles on the ticker and it is still going strong original engine and tranny, beat that big 3!!! Had to replace the coils 20k miles ago and after that she's a new truck!

reliability

brakes

Hmmmm
By Cal

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Ball joints went out without any warning of indication they were bad. The drivers side suddenly dropped to the ground. The brake routers have not held up very well at all. My 4 wheel drive went out, had to replace a small electrical box by the passengers side floor area. 2 Ignitions coils went bad and the CD player suddenly stopped working. I have had the truck serviced by the dealer every 3 to 5 thousand miles. I called Toyota and they said sorry, and that was it. I think I will go back to Ford!

Love it
By d

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

We bought the truck new 2/09 it was teeboned at a inter. Bent the frame only about a foot in from front. It was a total. It ran great to that day no problems. We just bought a new 2009. We will be looking forward to keeping it for life. We really loved that Toyota feeling. I replaced the front brakes only once at about 5000 we put 2 sets of tires on it and Toyota replaced the front axles. Rear window, and oxg sensor. Never pulled, always ran true. Ended up with 77,000 mi, still could be a great truck for someone.

Elc windows, tilt steering, center console folded up. Roomy for 2 plus kids and groceries.

Get rid of those factory tires

So far so good.
By Gregory Herz

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I just recently purchased this truck, however, I am impressed at how well it has held up. I've caught up on required maintenance. Though expensive, I should have many thousands of miles to look forward to without having to pay for repairs. Ride is great, I forget I'm in a truck.

Ride, comfort, reliability, power

Gas mileage, ergonomics, backseat comfort