2000 Toyota Tundra Consumer Review: 2000 Toyota Tundra SR-5 Extend

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab - Consumer Review

2000 Toyota Tundra SR-5 Extended Cab
By Okey Thomas on

2000 Toyota Tundra SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab SB

I bought the vehicle new. I have 105000 miles on it. For other than normal maintenance, the truck has been in the shop five times, four of which were oxygen sensors which were later recalled. The fifth time was for a water pump. Other makes of trucks I drove before this were in the shop up to 20 times in the first year. This vehicle rides and drives very well and is very comfortable to travel in. We have a 2004 Camry and I would rather travel in the truck. The body is solid with no rattles. The interior is not coming apart and looks as it did when we bought the truck. We love it!!!!

The 4.7 V8 is plenty powerful. Suspension is solid enough for big loads yet allows a gentle ride even when empty.

Seatbelts need a little more powerful spring action to pull belt back into storage when not in use. Mine usually stay out and I have to asist it back into storage. It is aggravating.