2000 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Good buy
By 2Toyotas on 02/08/10 06:15 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Since purchasing this vehicle about 2 months ago I have had nothing but a great experience. This is the Limited Edition with leather interior. Even though the vehicle had 112,000 miles at purchase it looked new outside and minor wear on the drivers seat. Although the gas mileage is nothing to brag about it's about what I expected and could care less. On the highway it's like driving a semi-luxury vehicle. In parking lots it's a beast to park but that also doesn't bother me. In short for $8500 I feel like I got a great deal. I'll drive it until it hits 220,000 miles and at that point it will still have value.

290,000 and still going!!!
By yotaman on 07/15/09 08:45 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have a 2000 tundra, it just rolled over 290,000 hard miles on the ticker and it is still going strong original engine and tranny, beat that big 3!!! Had to replace the coils 20k miles ago and after that she's a new truck!

Hmmmm
By Cal on 06/09/09 13:21 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tundra SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Ball joints went out without any warning of indication they were bad. The drivers side suddenly dropped to the ground. The brake routers have not held up very well at all. My 4 wheel drive went out, had to replace a small electrical box by the passengers side floor area. 2 Ignitions coils went bad and the CD player suddenly stopped working. I have had the truck serviced by the dealer every 3 to 5 thousand miles. I called Toyota and they said sorry, and that was it. I think I will go back to Ford!

Love it
By d on 02/06/09 10:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tundra SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

We bought the truck new 2/09 it was teeboned at a inter. Bent the frame only about a foot in from front. It was a total. It ran great to that day no problems. We just bought a new 2009. We will be looking forward to keeping it for life. We really loved that Toyota feeling. I replaced the front brakes only once at about 5000 we put 2 sets of tires on it and Toyota replaced the front axles. Rear window, and oxg sensor. Never pulled, always ran true. Ended up with 77,000 mi, still could be a great truck for someone.

So far so good.
By Gregory Herz on 12/27/08 13:32 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tundra SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I just recently purchased this truck, however, I am impressed at how well it has held up. I've caught up on required maintenance. Though expensive, I should have many thousands of miles to look forward to without having to pay for repairs. Ride is great, I forget I'm in a truck.

Has been a great truck!
By TW on 11/15/08 07:28 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tundra SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Bought with 36k in 2002. Only problem is O2 sensor went out but I elected not to fix for $300. Runs fine. Other than that still runs like new, comfortable on the road and does what I need off road.

Good little truck
By Jason on 10/29/08 20:22 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tundra 2dr Regular Cab LB

Ever since I bought it, this truck has been nothing but reliable. The one problem I have had has been with brake rotors. After turning the existing rotors and eventually replacing them with new ones, I've pretty much given up on a shake-free ride. However, on rough terrain, I have never owned anything more solid. My Dodge diesel feels like it's going to disintegrate if I get off the pavement, but not the Tundra. It has decent power for such a small V6, but the fuel economy isn't that great when taken in context with the small body size. I can get 20 mpg. if I baby it, but other than that, 17.5 is about average. 24-25 mpg. in high altitude, though. This is one tough little truck!

Poor Exhaust Manifolds
By HQ on 07/27/08 17:29 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tundra SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This truck is great and will really go through the snow. Fun to drive but a little heavy on the gas. Biggest problem is cracked exhaust manifolds. Took truck to Toyota dealer and they want almost $900 just for the manifolds plus labor and gaskets. In doing some internet research this seems to be a standard problem and Toyota refuses to acknowledge it and take care of the problem. This is the first time I have known Toyota to not cover a defect. Remember they bought back all the Tacomas with bad frames but they refuse to take care of this. I love the truck but I can't say my next truck will be a Toyota.

Great Truck
By frankofgeorgia on 06/04/08 18:37 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tundra SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck brand new. I've owned a Ford F150 and a Nissan pickup. This has been the best truck by far. The ride is more like driving a car than a truck. The V8 has more than enough power; I pull a trailer for work and never had any problems pulling up very steep inclines. I use this truck for hunting and have not gotten stuck yet (2wd). I have 117,000 miles and still drives like new. Other than routine maintenace, I've had to replace 4 O2 sensors three on front and one on rear; there are four total on the V8. The factory toyota front brakes rotors will only last 30,000 miles. I got an aftermarket set which came with a lifetime warranty and are holding up better.

Lived to tell
By Tom Clark on 12/12/07 19:07 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tundra SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This was an excellent vehicle for my family. I purchased based on the history of quality and safety of Toyota products. It was an excellent truck. I recently was hit at a high speed and rolled it at least twice... and I was safe and secure in the cab with minor bumps and bruises. My next vehicle will be another Tundra.