Used 2000 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Zero Problems Got2Luvit
By Gus_Zilla

2000 Toyota Tundra SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have had my Tundra for over 4 years and have had ZERO problems with it, Not even a light bulb has burned out on me. Definetly the the best quality vehicle I have ever owned. Gus E. Phoenix,AZ

My Tundra is GREAT!
By whoisthere48

2000 Toyota Tundra SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Have owned and loved Toyotas since '85. This was my first big Toyota pickup. It rides cushy but handles great and is quiet at higher (Colorado) speeds which run 75-90 most times. Reliability is perfect - hard to get better than that. Bought it used with 19K miles. Drove it 50K miles so far with just oil changes (synthetic oil) and 1 brake job - no repairs needed. Have to sell it cause I now need a salesman car not a construction guy truck. Resale value is great. Getting 18.5K now after paying 21K 2 years ago. Try that with a Chevy or Ford or Dodge. Snow and ice no problem w/4WD. In short, I love this truck!

Favorite Features

Reliability, Comfort, Quietness, Power.

Suggested Improvements

Only one - get limited slip differential in rear. New ones have it. Problem solved.

2000 4wd sr5 Tundra
By toocents

2000 Toyota Tundra SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Great truck! Very few problems with this vehicle, and those were fixed by the dealer under warranty. I would highly recommend this truck to anyone interested in a full size pickup. The 4Wd works great I have never had any problems with it.

Favorite Features

The push button 4wd system

Suggested Improvements

Optional larger engine, maybe even a diesel or a hybrid system like the Prius , which would improve power and fuel economy.

Great Truck!
By PaulChadband

2000 Toyota Tundra SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I drove this truck hard and put it awy wet many a night. maybe 20% of these miles are in 4X4 over lava rock here in Hawaii. Except for an O-2 sensor that no one can figue how to fix or replace This Truck is Great

Favorite Features

Quite and Smooth Ride. Like my old Lexus

Suggested Improvements

Gotta improve the Brakes

Recommended Vehicle
By Arnie7

2000 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Great truck to drive. This is the first Toyota pickup, I have owned. I have owned a Ford and several Chevy pickups in the past. I heard about the dependability of the Tundra and took it for a test drive. I was amazed by the way it handled. I haven't had it for very long, but am extremely happy with it. I bought a used Rav4 a couple of years ago and it has over 135,000 miles on it now and have never had to have anything done to it. I decided to try their pickup, and am glad I did.

Favorite Features

The quietness of the interior, the room inside and then sometimes you can't tell if the engine is running, when at a stoplight.

Suggested Improvements

The only two things that can be improved on, is the fuel economy and the ventilation system. It has a tendency to fog up the windows during cold weather, even with the a/c on.