Used 2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Give me a brake!!
By Davie H

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This is my second Toyota pickup. I have had brake problems since day one! I have had 3 sets installed already and now Freehold Toyota tells me this is normal! They didnt even have the phone number for the zone rep! I also have a very bad ticking noise when its cold started and I have heard that its a manifold problem I called Toyota direct and they told me nothing is coming up as far as any recalls are concerened! I know for a fact my problems are also shared with other 2000 Tundra owners. I want to get a new Tundra but im very leary now. Its a shame that toyota doesnt stand by their mistakes! They took my money real fast!

Favorite Features

The ride is great.

Suggested Improvements

Toyota should own up to their mistakes! Fix the brakes for us owners,and also the noisy manifolds! There way too many other trucks around to buy for them to not stand by their mistakes.

Quality, power and good looks.
By Timr

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This is my 5'th toyota and so far these vehicles have never let me down. I haven't owned this truck very long but I do feel this truck is going to last me many years with minimul problems.

Favorite Features

I love the comfort, power, silent drive, and the rumble of the engine when I step on it :-)

Suggested Improvements

If there where anything I would improve on this truck it would be the screws and bolts that tend to rust like the screws on the step plates and some chassis bolts.

Zero Problems Got2Luvit
By Gus_Zilla

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have had my Tundra for over 4 years and have had ZERO problems with it, Not even a light bulb has burned out on me. Definetly the the best quality vehicle I have ever owned. Gus E. Phoenix,AZ

My Tundra is GREAT!
By whoisthere48

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Have owned and loved Toyotas since '85. This was my first big Toyota pickup. It rides cushy but handles great and is quiet at higher (Colorado) speeds which run 75-90 most times. Reliability is perfect - hard to get better than that. Bought it used with 19K miles. Drove it 50K miles so far with just oil changes (synthetic oil) and 1 brake job - no repairs needed. Have to sell it cause I now need a salesman car not a construction guy truck. Resale value is great. Getting 18.5K now after paying 21K 2 years ago. Try that with a Chevy or Ford or Dodge. Snow and ice no problem w/4WD. In short, I love this truck!

Favorite Features

Reliability, Comfort, Quietness, Power.

Suggested Improvements

Only one - get limited slip differential in rear. New ones have it. Problem solved.

2000 4wd sr5 Tundra
By toocents

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Great truck! Very few problems with this vehicle, and those were fixed by the dealer under warranty. I would highly recommend this truck to anyone interested in a full size pickup. The 4Wd works great I have never had any problems with it.

Favorite Features

The push button 4wd system

Suggested Improvements

Optional larger engine, maybe even a diesel or a hybrid system like the Prius , which would improve power and fuel economy.