Used 2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Tundra quality is poor!!
By Hanniabl

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I am very disappointed in my 2000 Tundra. I have had brake work every 10,000 miles, $1,000's in other work and at 60,000 had to pay $1,600 to have cracked exhaust manifolds replaced. Both were cracked. Seems clear this is an engineering, maufacturing or installation problem. The most they would offer is to comp the parts, still cost me $1,000. I sold it and bought a much better quality truck, a GMC.

Don't waste your money on a Toyota truck. They can't engineer brakes or trucks that last. Buy a GMC/Chevy truck.

Toyota should stand behind their products. They should stand behind needed major repairs. This lack of integrity shows the company doesn't really care about quality. I just bought a GMC that they stand behind the engine for 100,000 miles!

Quality, power and good looks.
By Timr

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This is my 5'th toyota and so far these vehicles have never let me down. I haven't owned this truck very long but I do feel this truck is going to last me many years with minimul problems.

I love the comfort, power, silent drive, and the rumble of the engine when I step on it :-)

If there where anything I would improve on this truck it would be the screws and bolts that tend to rust like the screws on the step plates and some chassis bolts.

Zero Problems Got2Luvit
By Gus_Zilla

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have had my Tundra for over 4 years and have had ZERO problems with it, Not even a light bulb has burned out on me. Definetly the the best quality vehicle I have ever owned. Gus E. Phoenix,AZ

My Tundra is GREAT!
By whoisthere48

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Have owned and loved Toyotas since '85. This was my first big Toyota pickup. It rides cushy but handles great and is quiet at higher (Colorado) speeds which run 75-90 most times. Reliability is perfect - hard to get better than that. Bought it used with 19K miles. Drove it 50K miles so far with just oil changes (synthetic oil) and 1 brake job - no repairs needed. Have to sell it cause I now need a salesman car not a construction guy truck. Resale value is great. Getting 18.5K now after paying 21K 2 years ago. Try that with a Chevy or Ford or Dodge. Snow and ice no problem w/4WD. In short, I love this truck!

Reliability, Comfort, Quietness, Power.

Only one - get limited slip differential in rear. New ones have it. Problem solved.

2000 4wd sr5 Tundra
By toocents

2000 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Great truck! Very few problems with this vehicle, and those were fixed by the dealer under warranty. I would highly recommend this truck to anyone interested in a full size pickup. The 4Wd works great I have never had any problems with it.

The push button 4wd system

Optional larger engine, maybe even a diesel or a hybrid system like the Prius , which would improve power and fuel economy.