Used 2000 Toyota Tundra Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Good little truck
By Jason

2000 Toyota Tundra 2dr Regular Cab LB

Ever since I bought it, this truck has been nothing but reliable. The one problem I have had has been with brake rotors. After turning the existing rotors and eventually replacing them with new ones, I've pretty much given up on a shake-free ride. However, on rough terrain, I have never owned anything more solid. My Dodge diesel feels like it's going to disintegrate if I get off the pavement, but not the Tundra. It has decent power for such a small V6, but the fuel economy isn't that great when taken in context with the small body size. I can get 20 mpg. if I baby it, but other than that, 17.5 is about average. 24-25 mpg. in high altitude, though. This is one tough little truck!

Relatively good pulling power for engine size. Most transmission and engine maintenance points are easily accessible. Suspension is particularly good for such a small pickup.

Fuel mileage! A truck this small should be CONSISTENTLY getting around 25 mpg. I suspect that a little bit of intake work couldn't hurt, because a K&N filter did help my mileage a bit. Since I use it as a work truck, it could really use tougher seat and interior materials.

great truck
By jammer29

2000 Toyota Tundra 2dr Regular Cab LB

I have 170,000 miles on it and it is still kicking A$$ !!! I replaced the breaks at 102,000 miles.

Speed, handling,

I should of bought 2 tundras!!!