Toyota should've kept the Tercel
By RAV on
1997 Toyota Tercel CE 4dr Sedan
My Tercel was a great car. I bought it with about 30,000 miles on it. It was relaible, stylish (compared to the ECHO), and very fun to drive. I could go almost 2 weeks on a tank of gas (all auto cars should come with overdrive standard). I drove it up steep hills in deep snow/ice with no problem. I am certain I wouldve never had a problem with it ever, had it not been totalled in an accident where I was rear ended. The crumple zones worked TOO well, and it was a total loss.I replaced it with a 97 Honda Accord, but I will Sorely miss that Tercel.At only 62,000 miles it was gone too soon.
Favorite Features
Body styling, Peppy performance.Awesome gas mileage.Easy to use durable controls.Great interior utilities (cupholders, mapholders)Excellent solid craftsmanship (pieces werent falling off at 60K).An AC that could freeze one's pants off.
Suggested Improvements
More noise deadening materials, better sound system. Intermittent stop lights (that blink a little when you stop, couldve prevented my accident), daytime running lights.Trunk light (I couldnt find one).