1997 Toyota Tercel Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tercel model:
Flawless
By Flawless on 05/04/09 11:55 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Tercel Coupe Limited Edition 2dr Coupe

I bought this car used in 2008, and it has been outstanding. It was driven from Florida to San Antonio, where I bought it and then driven back to FT. Benning, GA. I travel a lot and have already put 24,000 miles on it. Besides having excellent gas mileage it is very durable and dependable. I hit a deer doing 45 mph and still drove the car home without any damage to the engine. I only had to replace the hood and driver's side headlight. I have no doubt that this car would make a long trip at any given time. Toyotas have always been good products.

The Best 2 Person Car
By TJ Mik on 02/12/09 13:53 PM (PST)

1997 Toyota Tercel Coupe Limited Edition 2dr Coupe

An exceptional car with amazing performance and reliability. The controls are easy to use.

Its not a bad first car to buy
By TJ2002 on 07/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Tercel Coupe Limited Edition 2dr Coupe

I thinkt hat if a car can last through a highschoolers driving performance, thenit must be a good car. The only problems I have had with this car is that it can be a bit noisy when it idles. Otherwise, it drives quite well/comfortably (for what it is) and especially for the price. I woudl suggest a car like this for any new driver!

Blackhawk Tercel
By bettina on 04/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Tercel Coupe Limited Edition 2dr Coupe

Great car. Nothing fancy - but reliable and inexpensive to maintain. Not for a taller or larger person - but great for a first or second car.