1997 Toyota Tercel - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tercel model:
Best Toyota Ever!!!
By 5thtoyota on 12/05/13 12:31 PM (PST)

1997 Toyota Tercel CE 4dr Sedan

I am on my 5th Toyota mostly Corolla's and this was my first Tercel (1997). I bought it 10 years ago for a mere $4,000, 60,000 miles, in great shape! I have taken good care of it with regular maintenance and it runs circles around my new Camry!!! Runs like a top, drives like a Champion, purrs like a kitten & STILL gets a WHOPPING 36 CITY!!! I never even drive the new Camry since I like this one better!! AND, the A/C works much better than the new Camry!!!! I hope my baby car NEVER dies!!!!

Manson
By Brianna on 05/17/10 16:12 PM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Tercel CE 4dr Sedan

I got Manson, my tercel, from my grandparents. I learned how to drive in it and it's great for driving and has awesome fuel economy, but it kinda kills my hotness scale. It's a great car for learners who don't really car about their image. Had to replace the cardboard speakers. Make sure you don't get in any accidents, because the car will be creamed and the car you hit will only have minor damage. So overall, great car and wonderful gas mileage if you don't get in accidents and don't care about being called a grandma on the road.

luv my tercel
By fajardog on 12/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Toyota Tercel CE 4dr Sedan

I love my new (to me) tercel, which I got with only 30,000 miles on it. I wanted to downsize everything; insurance, gas and repair bill and overall vehicle size. I had a Mercedes and I just got tired of it putting me in the poor house. I'm 6 feet tall and 225 lbs. and I'm perfectly comfortable driving this car. So far it hasn't let me down and I don't see it ever giving me a problem. I hope we have a long life together.

Toyota should've kept the Tercel
By rav on 10/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Tercel CE 4dr Sedan

My Tercel was a great car. I bought it with about 30,000 miles on it. It was relaible, stylish (compared to the ECHO), and very fun to drive. I could go almost 2 weeks on a tank of gas (all auto cars should come with overdrive standard). I drove it up steep hills in deep snow/ice with no problem. I am certain I wouldve never had a problem with it ever, had it not been totalled in an accident where I was rear ended. The crumple zones worked TOO well, and it was a total loss.I replaced it with a 97 Honda Accord, but I will Sorely miss that Tercel.At only 62,000 miles it was gone too soon.

Toyota should've kept the Tercel
By RAV on 10/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

private party pricing
By swright on 05/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Tercel CE 4dr Sedan

auto has been very dependable when starting in the morning