1996 Toyota Tercel - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tercel model:
Lil' workhorse
By dwayne on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Toyota Tercel DX 2dr Coupe

I purchased a 96 Tercel 'Sport' model new. Reliable car as i drive approx 60,000 miles per year. Sold the car at 260,000 miles. Only maintenance performed was fluids (oils, antifreeze, top up brake fluid, 3 sets of brake pads and 5 sets of tires, 4 timing belts as per schedule.). Obviously a very reliable little car. I wish Toyota would have made the seats a little more comfortable though.

nice car
By war amps on 11/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Toyota Tercel DX 2dr Coupe

This is a really really really really really really really awesome and cool car to drive

Great Value
By sirjohn113 on 08/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Tercel 2dr Coupe

The 1996 Toyota tercel is very functional & economic. I will probably keep this vehicle for many years to come. The car drives very well & has plenty of room. It gets a littel noisy in the cabin on the highway, I just have to turn up the volume on the stereo a bit. The 1.5 liter engine is a strong & reliable powerplant, it's the same engine that Toyota has been manufacturing for many years now, a proven design. The base model Tercel is a bit spartan, but very functional, no bells & whistles.

A moped with 2 doors
By upoys on 08/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Tercel 2dr Coupe

This car is peppy. The standard tranny is a 4 speed, but with it's light weight, the car zips. For a get-around- town vehicle, you can't do better. You'll still see these cars on the road in 2010. I do my own oil changes and maintenace on it, which its small engine design lends itself to. With only 47,000 miles on it, I plan to have it a long time.

A great little car
By sdm23669 on 07/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Tercel 2dr Coupe

My tercel has been wonderful. It gets great gas mileage (38+ on the highway) and other than normal maintenance I have had no problems with it. I currently have 98000+ miles on the car and I have every confidence the car will go another 100,000 just as easy. It was one of the best decisions I ever made to go with the tercel.

Amazing car!
By Brian Pace on 03/05/02 17:25 PM (PST)

1996 Toyota Tercel DX 4dr Sedan

120k on vehicle. Oil changes, 2 tuneups, new set of tires. Replaced timing belt at 90k as precaution. *THAT'S IT.* You simply can't do better.