1995 Toyota Tercel Consumer Review: A great car for my family

1995 Toyota Tercel - Consumer Review

A great car for my family
By Toyota Fan on

1995 Toyota Tercel 2dr Coupe

I bought my 95 Tercel in 2000, and it had 85K miles on it already. So far till as of now (March 2008) it has 178K miles on it. It runs great! No major problem. The only thing I changed are tires, breaks, battery. I changed oil every 3K miles. I might need to change timing belt and water pumper this month. Because of the potholes in Cleveland, I replaced the joint boots once. In order to reduce the cabin noise from engine, I replace the 13" wheel with 15" wheels with 195cm tires across, and it did reduced the noise quite a bit. I believe this car can go beyond 250K miles with my regular maintenance. I love the feature that I need key to open the gas cap. 48 MPG is my record so far.

Great mileage, very high reliability. Key to open the gas cap. All manual control.

Allow 16" wheel with 205cm tires would be nice to reduce the noise. Front seats need to be reshaped to better support lower back. Passenger side door mirror would be nice. Tinted glass window would be cool in the summer. The most important last one is that wish Toyota can resume Tercel line again.