1995 Toyota Tercel Consumer Review: great little car

1995 Toyota Tercel Coupe - Consumer Review

great little car
By boomer45 on

1995 Toyota Tercel 2dr Coupe

I bought this car new in 1995. I only drive it 3000 miles per year, but after 10 years I think I can truthfully say it's a great car. Fun to drive, great steering, excellent brakes, fits in any parking space, good dash layout, roomy trunk for a small car. I have had zero problems, replaced the battery a year ago, that's it. Tires look like they have another 30k on them, at least. The struts are getting soft, replacements are $70 each plus inst. I sort of like the smoother ride so I think I'll put off the replacement. I get high 30s mpg around town, high 40s on the highway; last summer I got 50 mpg on one fillup, all highway driving. Keep it under 60 (not easy) for best mileage.

Fun to drive, excellent steering and brakes, great car for crowded urban driving. Phenomenal gas mileage. Dead reliable.

Not applicable, since they discontinued it. Quite a bit of road noise, but I think that's a function of the light weight,which helps handling and gas mileage. Resale value should be higher for this car.