Great little car
By Wil on
1995 Toyota Tercel 2dr Coupe
I had a 1993 two door coupe that I stupidly sold. I put nearly 200K on it and never replaced anything but tires, brakes and a battery. Great little car. Recently I replaced it with a 1995 and am really pleased. The 1995 has much more pick-up (which makes it fun to drive - like a little go-cart) and better mileage. On the open road I can get up to 43 miles per gallon. We have driven this little car everywhere, to Vegas and back twice and to Phoenix twice and San Fransisco. It has over 173K on it and passed a smog with ease. I am figuring I will have this car for the next 10 years.
Favorite Features
My car has a "rag-top" on it. I think this was added after market. It is basically as if they cut off the roof and replaced it with a convertible top that folds back with the touch of a button. Also, it handles very well and is smooth even at high speeds.
Suggested Improvements
I am very upset that Toyota has stopped making this model. My suggestion would be that they start again. I parked next to an Echo the other day and it is at least 6-10" taller than my Tercel. It looks clumsy and boxy and from what I understand lacks the same pick-up.