1995 Toyota Tercel Consumer Review: Best car I ever owned

1995 Toyota Tercel - Consumer Review

Best car I ever owned
By Cheryl on

1995 Toyota Tercel DX 4dr Sedan

This car handles like a second skin. Bought it with 30K miles in 2006 from a little old lady who only drove it on Sunday. It looks and drives like brand new. My mechanic replaced the (age-cracked original) tires and (original) battery and (original) filters and (original) timing/fan belts and flushed the cooling system, then told me it will last me the rest of my life with proper maintenance since I rarely drive. It has much better pick-up than my 1988(?) 2.3 liter economy Mustang hatchback had, and much better mileage too with less road noise and best of all nothing is broken on this, not even the heater core that leaked 3 times on the Mustang before I just left the thing in a junkyard.

The standard factory speakers perform as well as custom replacements costing hundreds. I replaced the cassette stereo with a Sony CD player and put a 200w 12" sealed enclosure subwoofer in the trunk and now this car sounds like a symphony hall. Just put the balance forward 2dB.

The road noise is annoying. Every economy car has that problem.