1995 Toyota Tercel - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tercel model:
will go forever!
By tercel babe on 12/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Toyota Tercel 2dr Coupe

This little car rocks!!! it goes 75 mph up a steep grade everyday, passing much newer and more expensive vehicles, AND it does it while getting 40 mpg!!! I now have 122,000 mile on it and it shows no signs of slowing down. Nothing has had to be replaced, just oil changes every 3,500 miles and it goes strong. I expect it to go well over 200,000 miles.

I WANT A NEW TERCEL.....
By lakeraider on 11/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Toyota Tercel DX 4dr Sedan

IT IS A SHAME TOYOTA QUIT MAKING THIS AWESOME LITTLE CAR. I BOUGHT IT WITH 70,000 MI AND PUT ABOUT 40000 MORE ON IT..NO TROUBLES..CAR SIMPLE RUNS. ECONOMICAL, RELIABLE, AND RELATIVELY ROOMY FOR A SMALL CAR AS I AM 6.3" AND ENJOY DRIVING IT WHEN KIDS DON'T HAVE IT. CABIN A LITTLE NOISY, BUT I RELISH THE DEPENDABILITY. PAID PREMIUM DOLLAR FOR IT USED...WAS A GREAT INVESTMENT...WENT THROUGH TWO KIDS AND TWO SETS OF TIRES..NORMAL MAINTENANCE ONLY. WOULD BY ANOTHER WITH NO RESERVATIONS! GREAT LITTLE CAR!

Super Car
By Arav on 10/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Tercel 2dr Coupe

I bought this car with 105k on this and it never seemed like one. I never really had to do any work on this and always ran like a mad hare. Though not very stylish in looks the pick up and reliability of the car is really good...It will keep going on & on & on with no problems

Great little car
By Wil on 07/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Tercel 2dr Coupe

I had a 1993 two door coupe that I stupidly sold. I put nearly 200K on it and never replaced anything but tires, brakes and a battery. Great little car. Recently I replaced it with a 1995 and am really pleased. The 1995 has much more pick-up (which makes it fun to drive - like a little go-cart) and better mileage. On the open road I can get up to 43 miles per gallon. We have driven this little car everywhere, to Vegas and back twice and to Phoenix twice and San Fransisco. It has over 173K on it and passed a smog with ease. I am figuring I will have this car for the next 10 years.

Tercel DX 4-door
By Mr. Dirt on 03/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Toyota Tercel DX 4dr Sedan

We bought this car with 35,000 miles and now has 150,000 with no problems other than normal maintance.Great power for its class. Overdrive is perfect for long trips. 35 to 41 MPG!! To bad Toyota blundered and stop making them,so I am shooting for 200,000 with ease!!

This car just keeps ticking away!
By babyj31 on 03/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Toyota Tercel 2dr Coupe

I bought this car used and have had it for 7 years now.It now has 122,000 mi and it just won't quit.It has never let me down and this car has been put through the ringer.I just recently replaced the original battery and the original brakes and that is it.I really won't be able to trust any other brand but Toyota now.I hope my next one is as great as this one.

edmunds
By JACKSON on 01/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Toyota Tercel 2dr Coupe

The pick up in slow when coming from a stop position to start, but once you get in gear, it moves. It shifts smoothly and it is not necessary to come to a complete stop to do so. I have found however, that as you reduce your speed from around 55 or higher, there seems to be some shimming or slight bumping motion in the front of the car.

edmunds
By jackson on 01/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Good highway car
By bsnman on 12/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Toyota Tercel DX 4dr Sedan

Basically, this car is very reliable. I've not had any problems with it until just recently. The suspension is not great, and now, the transmission is slipping (113,800 miles). This car averages 37.5 mpg.

11 YEARS
By DEVOUT owner on 10/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Tercel DX 2dr Coupe

I did not even see the OPTION to enter the year 1991. I bought mine new in 1991 and STILL own it. By FAR a top of the line vehicle. I have driven the FIRE out of it. I liked it SO much I even bought a 1995 model with only 52,000 miles and expect it to last FOREVER