Used 1995 Toyota Tercel Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Toyota Tercel - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tercel model:

Most Helpful|
A neat ' little' car
By carol space

1995 Toyota Tercel DX 2dr Coupe

I really like this little car. Aside from the fact that its interior is very compact (very little leg room) and it is not the most comfortable of cars, riding being a little on the hard side, it is very responsive and easy to handle. Parking is a dream. As far as repairs are concerned I would say other than the usual ie: oil changes, brakes and belts and average wear and tear, this car is really a pleasure to own. It gets approximately 20-22 mpg on a city/highway mix. Considering the size of the car and the fact that it has no amenities (manual windows, locks etc. it doesn't even have a built in clock) other than air conditioning, that's not great but definitely dealable.

Favorite Features

It's a cute little car and very economical.

Suggested Improvements

I would love it if my seat would go back one more click. I am 5'6" and I really need a little more room. As for the people in the back seat the leg room does not exist.

Cheap fun drive
By Terceluser

1995 Toyota Tercel DX 2dr Coupe

This car is akin to the Honda Civic. While not as sporty or as good looking as the Civic, this car is just as reliable but surprisingly better on gas. 35 mpg or almost 400 miles on for 10 gal is a pleasure. Easy to work on. I would have no difficulty suggesting that someone buy this car.

Favorite Features

Cheap cheap cheap! Wonderful gas milage, great reliability, decent ride comfort and acceptable looks make this a great buy.

Suggested Improvements

Hard to say as this car delivers everything that a car of this catagory should deliver.

This car just keeps ticking away!
By babyj31

1995 Toyota Tercel 2dr Coupe

I bought this car used and have had it for 7 years now.It now has 122,000 mi and it just won't quit.It has never let me down and this car has been put through the ringer.I just recently replaced the original battery and the original brakes and that is it.I really won't be able to trust any other brand but Toyota now.I hope my next one is as great as this one.

Favorite Features

Reliability and gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

It is by no means a fancy or flashy car. But it was the least expensive model at the time made by Toyota and I can sacrifice flashy for reliablity any day.

Would keep this car if I could
By lovemylittleTOYcar

1995 Toyota Tercel DX 2dr Coupe

I got this car in college with 47,000 miles on it. Now at 149,000, I believe this car will run for another 149,000. This is the perfect car for a student. Reliable, efficient, lots of pep, great on gas and plenty of room on the backseat for all your books. Unfortunately, it does not have enough room for a family. Mine has now lived in it for over 5 years. I love this car so much, I withstood climbing over my seat to get my child in and out of her carseat until she was old enough to do it herself. Sadly, I can now get kicked from behind by my kindergartner who has very little room for her growing legs. I am sad to have to let it go. I hope I can find a family car as good as my TOY car.

Favorite Features

Reliability, gas efficiency, pep.

Suggested Improvements

Room for passengers would have been nice.

Awesome
By justin

1995 Toyota Tercel DX 2dr Coupe

Unbelievable car. 248K+ on her yet runs like most cars with 60k. incredible cars, have only needed to recharge AC. highly recommend, 36-43 mpg mix city/highway. get one if you can, you'll thank me for it.