1995 Toyota Tercel Sedan - Consumer Reviews

DX 1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (12 reviews )
Best car I ever owned
By Cheryl on 02/04/10 06:25 AM (PST)

1995 Toyota Tercel Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

This car handles like a second skin. Bought it with 30K miles in 2006 from a little old lady who only drove it on Sunday. It looks and drives like brand new. My mechanic replaced the (age-cracked original) tires and (original) battery and (original) filters and (original) timing/fan belts and flushed the cooling system, then told me it will last me the rest of my life with proper maintenance since I rarely drive. It has much better pick-up than my 1988(?) 2.3 liter economy Mustang hatchback had, and much better mileage too with less road noise and best of all nothing is broken on this, not even the heater core that leaked 3 times on the Mustang before I just left the thing in a junkyard.

My baby is gone.
By LauraLee on 12/27/09 20:57 PM (PST)

1995 Toyota Tercel Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

This car was a $2000 gift from a relative while I was in college. It was bought at 94,000 miles. The previous owners never changed the Transmission fluid, and I was told it had formed a sludge so thick that changing it now would destroy the car. I didn't think it would last a month, but that car became my life. It took me all over the U.S. and to every beach you could imagine. I drove to de- stress, for hours every night for years. I had it up to 376,280 miles when it was viciously murdered 12/21/2009. Someone had stolen my car keys and crashed my baby into a snow plow. I've been crying ever since. I'll never find another car that's only expenses were gas and oil changes. 376,280 miles...

Toyota
By Jonathan on 03/05/06 18:21 PM (PST)

1995 Toyota Tercel Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

Best car i have ever owned. bought with 240000 kilometers on it. sold with 350000. No problems at all. Tires and Brakes once, thats it. 50 canadian mpg!! Sold to a friend that still drives it with 425000!!!!

Ninja Tercel
By bosshossinator on 08/23/05 13:45 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Tercel Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

Tercel is a beast. I have 272,000+ miles in this machine and its still a hoss. Definitely never gonna die.

tercel 4dr
By sam on 06/29/05 22:23 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Tercel Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

this car is very dependable and has great fuel economy. Air conditioning works well but sometimes get less power with it on high.

Good car to drive - Tercel
By aubbus on 04/16/05 12:28 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Tercel Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

This is a good car with good mileage and needs less maintenance. Its fun to drive with and very reliable.

I WANT A NEW TERCEL.....
By lakeraider on 11/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Toyota Tercel Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

IT IS A SHAME TOYOTA QUIT MAKING THIS AWESOME LITTLE CAR. I BOUGHT IT WITH 70,000 MI AND PUT ABOUT 40000 MORE ON IT..NO TROUBLES..CAR SIMPLE RUNS. ECONOMICAL, RELIABLE, AND RELATIVELY ROOMY FOR A SMALL CAR AS I AM 6.3" AND ENJOY DRIVING IT WHEN KIDS DON'T HAVE IT. CABIN A LITTLE NOISY, BUT I RELISH THE DEPENDABILITY. PAID PREMIUM DOLLAR FOR IT USED...WAS A GREAT INVESTMENT...WENT THROUGH TWO KIDS AND TWO SETS OF TIRES..NORMAL MAINTENANCE ONLY. WOULD BY ANOTHER WITH NO RESERVATIONS! GREAT LITTLE CAR!

Tercel DX 4-door
By Mr. Dirt on 03/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Toyota Tercel Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

We bought this car with 35,000 miles and now has 150,000 with no problems other than normal maintance.Great power for its class. Overdrive is perfect for long trips. 35 to 41 MPG!! To bad Toyota blundered and stop making them,so I am shooting for 200,000 with ease!!

Good highway car
By bsnman on 12/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Toyota Tercel Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

Basically, this car is very reliable. I've not had any problems with it until just recently. The suspension is not great, and now, the transmission is slipping (113,800 miles). This car averages 37.5 mpg.

RELIBILITY 101
By CHRIS DAVIS on 10/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Tercel Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

18100 MILES AND STILL GOING NEW BRAKES ,AND TIMING BELT, AC RECHARGE DOES NOT SMOKE OR USE OIL. BEST DAM CAR I HAVE EVER OWENED.