Used 1995 Toyota Tercel Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Toyota Tercel Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tercel model:

I Will Never Get Rid Of It
By t0y0ta_luvr

1995 Toyota Tercel Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought this brand new in 1995, a stick shift. The factory radio/cassette player has gone kaput 7 years ago, but I found a way around that. After 16 years @ 81,000 miles, it is still performing well like it's brand new. The thought of upgrading has crossed my mind plenty of times, but when I think of how reliable it has been all these years...39 miles per gallon too. It just can't be beat.

Awesome
By justin

1995 Toyota Tercel Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

Unbelievable car. 248K+ on her yet runs like most cars with 60k. incredible cars, have only needed to recharge AC. highly recommend, 36-43 mpg mix city/highway. get one if you can, you'll thank me for it.

Best Car Ever
By blaiseglaze

1995 Toyota Tercel Coupe 2dr Coupe

After having the 1996 version of this car, when I sold my 2000 Hyundai Sonata, I had to find another Tercel. This car is in need of minor repairs (wheel hub/bearings, CV 1/2 shaft, valve cover gasket), but that's to be expected. I'm sure it could use a tune up. It's still getting 33 mpg; I drive mostly highway. This car needs a name...

Get up and go! Fuel economy! Size!

I thoroughly dislike the vinyl seats!

low-cost & reliable
By satisfied owner

1995 Toyota Tercel Coupe 2dr Coupe

Bought for $6k in 1998 at 50k miles, now running at 130k miles. No repairs at all, not even a tune up, still getting 31 mpg (9 gal every 2 wks on a 20 miles/day fwy commute). Replaced battery once and tires twice. Oil changed every 15k miles. Low-speed acceleration seems good for a small car, but high-speed acceleration only so-so. Good climber, runs I-5 left lane through Grapevine. Recently starting to show its age - eating oil, brakes, last smog barely passed. Too bad they don't make this model anymore - would buy it if they had one.

Reasonable purchase price, good reliability, low maintenance cost, makes tight U-turns, easy to parallel park

Ride is rough and noisy, rear seat is a joke, gas tank only 11 gal, need easier access to left headlamp.

The Best
By best toy

1995 Toyota Tercel Coupe 2dr Coupe

I need cruise control!! This car has so much pep I have to watch the speedometer to not speed. Best car I've ever owned. Has 158k of which I put on about 32k and no problems. One problem is struts seem to be a weakness. But I gladly have it fixed because so much else is right. About 35-45 mpg. Great handling. No major problems

Speed, handling, great gas mileage, low maintenance, dependable.

More comfy seats, front end needs improvement is biggest complaint