1995 Toyota Tercel Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tercel model:
I Will Never Get Rid Of It
By t0y0ta_luvr on 10/14/11 07:33 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Tercel Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought this brand new in 1995, a stick shift. The factory radio/cassette player has gone kaput 7 years ago, but I found a way around that. After 16 years @ 81,000 miles, it is still performing well like it's brand new. The thought of upgrading has crossed my mind plenty of times, but when I think of how reliable it has been all these years...39 miles per gallon too. It just can't be beat.

Awesome
By justin on 07/12/10 11:40 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Tercel Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

Unbelievable car. 248K+ on her yet runs like most cars with 60k. incredible cars, have only needed to recharge AC. highly recommend, 36-43 mpg mix city/highway. get one if you can, you'll thank me for it.

Best Car Ever
By blaiseglaze on 05/20/09 09:52 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Tercel Coupe 2dr Coupe

After having the 1996 version of this car, when I sold my 2000 Hyundai Sonata, I had to find another Tercel. This car is in need of minor repairs (wheel hub/bearings, CV 1/2 shaft, valve cover gasket), but that's to be expected. I'm sure it could use a tune up. It's still getting 33 mpg; I drive mostly highway. This car needs a name...

low-cost & reliable
By satisfied owner on 01/11/09 12:05 PM (PST)

1995 Toyota Tercel Coupe 2dr Coupe

Bought for $6k in 1998 at 50k miles, now running at 130k miles. No repairs at all, not even a tune up, still getting 31 mpg (9 gal every 2 wks on a 20 miles/day fwy commute). Replaced battery once and tires twice. Oil changed every 15k miles. Low-speed acceleration seems good for a small car, but high-speed acceleration only so-so. Good climber, runs I-5 left lane through Grapevine. Recently starting to show its age - eating oil, brakes, last smog barely passed. Too bad they don't make this model anymore - would buy it if they had one.

The Best
By best toy on 09/06/08 12:28 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Tercel Coupe 2dr Coupe

I need cruise control!! This car has so much pep I have to watch the speedometer to not speed. Best car I've ever owned. Has 158k of which I put on about 32k and no problems. One problem is struts seem to be a weakness. But I gladly have it fixed because so much else is right. About 35-45 mpg. Great handling. No major problems

If everything else was built like this
By MY PARTNER on 04/07/08 17:20 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Tercel Coupe 2dr Coupe

I would like to introduce the world to my special partner "TercelLauren". She is a 1995 Toyota tercel, that has 231,000 plus miles as of 4/05/08. There were no parts replaced other than wear items. This car has never left me stranded, and in over 12 years of driving it, it only died out, but restarted right away. The culprit was too much water in the bad gas that I got from a El Cheapo gas station. I went to get a fill up of tier 1 gas, and that solved the problem, has not happened again. Older cars should be fed better gas (tier 1). I am very proud of my car, the design is understated and exudes class.

A great car for my family
By Toyota Fan on 03/25/08 04:47 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Tercel Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought my 95 Tercel in 2000, and it had 85K miles on it already. So far till as of now (March 2008) it has 178K miles on it. It runs great! No major problem. The only thing I changed are tires, breaks, battery. I changed oil every 3K miles. I might need to change timing belt and water pumper this month. Because of the potholes in Cleveland, I replaced the joint boots once. In order to reduce the cabin noise from engine, I replace the 13" wheel with 15" wheels with 195cm tires across, and it did reduced the noise quite a bit. I believe this car can go beyond 250K miles with my regular maintenance. I love the feature that I need key to open the gas cap. 48 MPG is my record so far.

The day my best friend died
By missing my friend on 03/21/08 23:07 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Tercel Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought a brand new Tercel after I got out of college. And last week after 13 years and 280k miles, she was driven into a cow by my husband. By accident. That car rocked! I swear, she would've gone another 150k. And who needed a hybrid? She got 35/40 with absolutely no pampering. No major mechanical issues. A few clutches (my fault, not hers) and normal maintenance. Totally noisy and not the coolest looking ride but I'll remember this car forever. We'll probably get like $20 from the insurance company but she was priceless.

Bang for your buck
By Jess on 04/21/07 15:08 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Tercel Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

GREAT little car. Everything you NEED, nothing you don't. I needed great gas mileage, bullet-proof reliability and a sunroof and that is exactly what I got. I had a 97 Jetta and it let me down monthly. Fed up, I sold it and bought this until I could find a clean 318 BMW. I love this car so much, I never bought the Bimmer. I have taken this car from Vancouver BC to San Diego every year.

Would keep this car if I could
By lovemylittleTOYcar on 11/19/06 04:48 AM (PST)

1995 Toyota Tercel Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

I got this car in college with 47,000 miles on it. Now at 149,000, I believe this car will run for another 149,000. This is the perfect car for a student. Reliable, efficient, lots of pep, great on gas and plenty of room on the backseat for all your books. Unfortunately, it does not have enough room for a family. Mine has now lived in it for over 5 years. I love this car so much, I withstood climbing over my seat to get my child in and out of her carseat until she was old enough to do it herself. Sadly, I can now get kicked from behind by my kindergartner who has very little room for her growing legs. I am sad to have to let it go. I hope I can find a family car as good as my TOY car.